7 months ago
Aloha and thank you for your interest in the Lihue Airport Ramp Services Training Pool with Hawaiian Airlines!
This is a general posting. Candidates who apply may be considered for future recruitment events. Our next recruitment event will be on Wednesday, March 14.
Upcoming Recruitment Events
For a full listing of our upcoming recruitment events, please click
This requisition is for Lihue Ramp ONLY. Positions are typically posted 3 - 4 weeks prior to the recruitment event and posted for a limited time only.
Please monitor our current openings page and apply for those positions when it is posted.
During training: 10 days full-time, typically Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted in Honolulu and is unpaid. Transportation to and from training is provided.
If hired: schedules are awarded on a seniority basis. All shift schedules, including part-time, are 5 days on, 2 days off. Days off may not necessarily be consecutive. Schedules are set, however, may change throughout the year in conjunction
with the collective bargaining agreement.
Candidates with restrictions in their availability will not continue in the recruitment process.
Pay & Benefits:
Pay for the position is in conjunction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement as follow:
* Ramp Agent $10.92 per hour
Medical, dental, vision and Hawaiian Airlines flight benefits are offered.
About the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool:
Candidates in the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool from this recruitment can be considered for the Ramp Agent position.
If you are successful in the screening process and identified as a candidate to be considered for training, you will be placed into the training pool.
Final candidates from the screening process will remain in the training pool for six months, subject to extension. Candidates not invited for training by then will need to re-apply for the training opportunity.
Candidates in the pool may be invited to attend training provided by Hawaiian Airlines, which is unpaid. The training session is two weeks (typically Monday – Friday). If invited to training, you will have an opportunity to learn general airline operations
and regulatory concepts.
Under direct supervision of a higher classification or Supervisor, performs any one or combination of ramp operations
to ensure the safe and timely delivery of guest baggage,
while maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times.
Ramp personnel perform duties and activities relating to the following:
* The safe handling, loading and unloading of baggage, cargo, mail and company materials (COMAT) on all aircraft types
* Load planning
* Ramp control
Safe operation of ground service equipment in connection with above duties and only after proper training.
Note: candidates who previously interviewed and were not selected for the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool within the last six (6) months are not eligible to apply for this position at this time. Candidates must
wait the six (6) month waiting period to re-apply.
* Must have physical ability to perform above duties, including lifting 70 lbs. frequently and up to 120 lbs. occassionally
* Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
* Must be able to obtain a ramp license.
* Required to obtain proper restricted area clearances (AOA and Customs Seal).
* Strong customer service customer relation skills.
* Strong communication skills
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend