4 months ago
The aircraft mechanic will be required to perform engine Quick Engine Change (QEC) buildup actions, i.e. assembly and tear down in accordance with applicable Air Force technical orders, manufacturer maintenance manuals and FAA regulations. Also, be required to perform maintenance and inspections on Contractor Furnished Support Equipment (CFSE) in accordance with applicable Air Force technical orders, manufacturer specifications and blueprints. Works under supervision of the T-IA COMBS Manager.
Performs assigned tasks without supervision.
Acts as advisor to COMBS workers to identify aircraft/engine part numbers and serviceability of parts and equipment.
Performs routine support equipment inspections and maintains and performs necessary corrective actions to include unscheduled maintenance.
Repairs, reworks and replaces components or parts of CFSE to ensure proper operation.
Performs engine QEC buildup actions, both assembly and tear down, determining serviceability of QEC items, completes all required documentation and tagging requirements of QEC items.
Performs storage and shipment requirements on engines and support equipment to include documentation.
Records all inspection /maintenance actions using log books, computer terminals or other means as required.
Operates assigned aerospace ground support equipment as required.
Selects appropriate tools and equipment required to complete assignments.
Refers to workbooks and technical publications to determine specifications to be met.
Complies with all company, OSHA and customer safety regulations.
Performs other duties and functions as may be assigned/tasked by supervision and management.
Complies with safety, foreign object damage and tool control program requirements.
Follows all safety procedures and practices as established by the Company.
Graduation from a standard four (4) year high school or equivalent (GED) and three (3) years recent maintenance experience or five years recent jet aircraft maintenance experience on equivalent type aircraft. Current FAA Airframe and Power plant License required. Possess a valid state driver’s license.
Other Desired Qualifications Include:
* Have a strong knowledge base of aviation maintenance procedures (safety, tool control, HAZMAT, Inspection programs, support equipment, calibration/torque procedures).
* Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* Understand and use the English language both oral and written to communicate information or ideas to another person or persons;
* Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Material Data Safety Data sheets (MSDS), operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals;
* A working knowledge of USAF forms and documentation procedures.
* Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical details.
* Ability to deal courteously with the customer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Feb 21, 2018, 5:30:18 PM
: Installation and Maintenance