4 months ago
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lab Assistant will have responsibility for assisting and supporting the Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructional team in both the classroom and lab (hangar). Work hours will be between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., primarily Monday through Friday with occasional work on Saturdays, for 18 hours per week.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Prepare lab projects (materials, tools, equipment, technical data and documentation) for each course project.
2. Monitor and maintain (minimum levels) of all project consumables.
3. Initiate procurement process for consumables.
4. Identify need and initiate procurement process for equipment replacement as required.
5. Maintain and/or oversee repair of all lab equipment.
6. Ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
7. Ensure equipment is in calibration as required by manufacturer.
8. Audit and maintain inventory of all lab equipment.
9. Maintain currency of technical data.
10. Ensure labs are in clean and safe condition for daily use.
11. Develop and implement a preventative maintenance process for equipment.
12. Identify facilities maintenance and repair requirements and work with the Facilities Department to resolve.
13. Work cooperatively with the Facilities Department and Triumverate Environmental to insure safe and secure lab operating environment.
1. Experience in aircraft maintenance, operations, manufacturing or military aviation.
2. Valid driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Associate degree (e.g., aircraft maintenance management).
2. FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification.
3. Experience, an appreciation for, and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
COMPENSATION: $25.00 per hour, 18 hours per week. Non-benefited, non-unit position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications reviewed upon receipt.