Reporting to the Director of Business Technology, the successful candidate will be a crucial player in the credit union’s project planning/prioritization process, and helping to execute our strategic product roadmap. The Business Technology organization is responsible for leading all IT business unit projects and enhancements, including large enterprise/transformational projects. The Analyst will work very closely with business units to understand their business needs, and partner with them to propose and fully implement effective, innovative, and technically-sound IT solutions. Additionally, the Analyst will partner with one or more business unit SVPs and their organizations to lead their projects, while also being an advocate for the business unit’s plans through the project prioritization process.
Business Technology Analyst will be responsible for projects and enhancements including:
- Developing business process mapping documentation and writing detailed technical and business requirements with the business unit
- Working with the IT Design Committee to develop preliminary and final technical designs that comply with the Credit Union’s IT standards for application, database, and infrastructure architecture, information security, etc.
- Writing business scenarios with the business unit and ensuring they are fully tested
- Developing and translating technical requirements to Business Technology team’s System Analysts and other IT departments, and partnering as needed to implement the technical specifications, including system configuration, system parameter setup, report creation, form/document creation, system security, third-party system interfaces, product/system technical documentation, etc.
- Leading and coordinating all project activities, facilitating sessions to close any related gaps that are identified, and monitoring all aspects of project development.
Job Description (Continued)
In addition, the Business Technology Analyst will work closely with the business units to identify process improvement opportunities, and develop innovative technology and non-technology solutions to streamline processes and improve productivity. A few examples of additional process improvements the organization will lead: 1) partnering with the business unit on all Requests For Proposal (RFPs) for new products or services when the credit union is considering changing third-party vendors/partners, and 2) reviewing release notes from current business unit systems looking for new functionality that the business unit could leverage.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that his/her work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Business Systems, Computer Science, or similar related work experience
- Five or more years of proven progressive experience in systems analysis, IT project management, or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience in successfully planning and implementing large to medium sized systems projects that are delivered on-time and within budget
- Technical skills may include software application implementation and administration, programming/database fundamentals, and interfaces and middleware. Practical experience and knowledge includes Episys financial application, programming, networking, web services, SAN, and server virtualization preferred.
- Understanding of information security controls preferred
- Experience with change management, ITIL knowledge a plus
- Broad skills set, with strong abilities to multi-task, plan and strategize
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, and credit union’s departments, products and systems preferred
- Experience working with 3rd party partners/vendors to successfully accomplish goals
- Must be change-oriented and be able to sell the benefits of change
- Results-driven and strong decision making skills
Job Qualifications (Continued)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Advanced experience with standard PC and MS Office skills
- MS Project experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Technical writing experience desired
- Satisfactory performance and attendance are required
- Candidates will be required to pass applicable American Airlines pre-hire compliance checks
- Must have acceptable credit history, which will be verified (e.g., no past due accounts, charge-offs, collection items or bankruptcies)