5 months ago
The Tax Analyst assists with international, federal and state tax compliance to ensure tax returns are completed on time and accurately to avoid any unnecessary penalties and interest. This position brings value to Spirit by assisting Senior Tax Analyst
with tax saving strategies through researching, interpreting, and implementing tax laws. Support the Finance and Accounting teams by conducting monthly, quarterly and annually tax reports. Assists Senior Tax Analyst with the preparation of monthly, quarterly
and yearly tax provisions and federal/state tax audits.
* Federal and State Income and Franchise Tax: Assist in preparation of annual federal and state income and franchise tax returns and supporting work papers. Prepare quarterly estimated payments based on the forecast. Monitor federal and state legislation
changes which will impact company’s filings. Research and update state apportionment calculation based on the new legislation. Communicate with federal and state authorities to resolve tax notices received. Assist tax manager during the federal/state audit.
* Property Tax (PPT): Create timely property tax payment request. Respond promptly to inquiries from property tax consultant and state government on PPT payment issues. Gather required data to assist consultant with annual filings.
* Excise Tax:
• Federal Excise Tax - Passenger
Prepare bimonthly payments based on the revenue summary. Prepare quarterly excise tax return. Research excise issues on new products/services or changes to the existing products/services.
* Federal Excise Tax - Fuel
Prepare bimonthly fuel tax payments based on the fuel summary. Prepare fuel tax workpapers for the quarterly excise tax return.
• State Fuel Tax
Prepare monthly fuel tax returns and fuel tax refund for multiple states. Manage annual state fuel license and exemption renewal. Assist new station fuel license application. Communicate with fuel supplier on tax related issues.
* Fixed Assets (FA) Report
Prepare monthly FA work paper based on the book reconciliation. Research tax requirements for new assets. Enter new assets into fixed asset software and run monthly reports. Communicate with accounting for any FA related issues.
* Income Tax Provision
Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly tax-related balance sheet accounts reconciliations and analysis. Research relevant authoritative guidance and assist tax manager with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provisions.
Required Skills / Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
* Previous experience with OneSource Income Tax Compliance software/or equivalent software
* Big 4 public accounting experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficient in using Microsoft products such as Excel and Word
* Willingness to learn new skills
* Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and finance concepts, practices and procedures
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment
* CPA license
* Masters of Taxation
* Previous experience in ERP systems (IE. SAP, ORACLE, JC EDWARDS ETC.)
* Exposure to income tax accounting principles
* Familiarity to topics such as effective tax rate reconciliations, deferred tax reconciliations and foreign income tax provisions.
* Tax research experience
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.