4 months ago
Aircraft On Ground (AOG) Coordinators are responsible for coordinating the movement of materials and utilization of resources based upon operational requirements. The highest priority will be placed on out of service aircraft to obtain all required components and resources necessary to return the aircraft to revenue service in the shortest amount of time possible. Coordination with both Maintenance Control and System Operations Control will be critical in the communication required to minimize the impact on the overall operation. The Coordinator reports to the Supervisor of Inventory Administration.
US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
At least 2 years of experience in Aircraft Materials and Logistics or a related field in the industry
* Working knowledge of FAA regulations
* Customs broker experience and knowledge of international shipping requirements
* Knowledge of Hazardous Material shipping requirements
* C.P.M., A.P.P, C.I.P.M. or other supply chain accreditations
* Project Management experience
Experience in A/P and A/R functions
* Must have the ability to routinely move heavy objects up to 50 pounds
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Possess familiarity with industry standards, company’s General Maintenance Manuals, applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), and Air Transport Association (ATA) coding.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments and various levels of the organization.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
* Capable of coordinating multiple high priority requests in an organized, urgent manner.
Perform all functions related to buying and repair of materials on a daily basis including sourcing, writing purchase orders, and generating repair orders
Determining most appropriate logistical need to transport parts to grounded aircraft including courier, charter, or standard shipping methods
Expediting parts to clear departure delays due to maintenance
Coordinate with maintenance control and systems operation control to make certain that all materials arrive in anticipation of changes in planned maintenance
Tracking shipment orders to delivery
Coordinating shipment type of materials (e.g. counter to counter, Fed Ex, Courier, Charter)
Some on call duties as required
Coordination of materials for heavy checks
Coordination of material needs for fleet campaigns, service bulletins
Research questions in the ERP system
Sourcing of materials to secure the best value for the company
Post and update the daily turnover report to assure a smooth transition between the shifts
Perform clerical duties as assigned
Participate in the weekly Staff Meeting
* < >
Other duties as assigned
Primarily an office setting but some off-site work may be required. AOG Coordinators are in a highly fluid environment with key responsibility to provide repair and maintenance materials in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Assurance of minimal delays or cancellations due to lack of parts availability is their primary objective. The Coordinator must be able to multitask and follow materials through the entire logistics process from initial requisition to return of core units to the stores facility.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.