The Aircraft On Ground (AOG) Supervisor is responsible for maintaining oversight of the AOG system. The highest priority will be placed on ensuring the AOG coordinators are properly trained, mentored and supported in their duties. Coordination with both Maintenance Control, System Operations Control, Planning and Purchasing will be critical in the communication required to minimize the impact on the overall operation. The AOG Supervisor reports to the Manager of Materials.
US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
At least 2 years of experience in Aircraft Materials and Logistics or a related field in the industry
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations
- Customs broker experience and knowledge of international shipping requirements
- Knowledge of Hazardous Material shipping requirements
- C.P.M., A.P.P, C.I.P.M. or other supply chain accreditations
- Project Management experience
- Experience in A/P and A/R functions
Physical Demands: Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds as well as good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Capable of coordinating multiple high priority requests in an organized, urgent manner.
- Training and management of AOG coordinators, including work schedules, vacation relief.
- Serve as liaison between AOG, Maintenance Control, Purchasing and Planning
- Perform all functions related to buying and repair of materials on a daily basis including sourcing, writing purchase orders, and generating repair orders
- Determining most appropriate logistical need to transport parts to grounded aircraft including courier, charter, or standard shipping methods
- Expediting parts to clear departure delays due to maintenance
- Coordinate with maintenance control and systems operation control to make certain that all materials arrive in anticipation of changes in planned maintenance
- Tracking shipment orders to delivery
- Coordinating shipment type of materials (e.g. counter to counter, Fed Ex, Courier, Charter)
- Some on call duties as required
- Coordination of materials for heavy checks
- Coordination of material needs for fleet campaigns, service bulletins
- Sourcing of materials to secure the best value for the company
- Post and update the daily turnover report to assure a smooth transition between the shifts
- Perform clerical duties as assigned
- Participate in the weekly Staff Meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Primarily an office setting but some off-site work may be required. AOG Coordinators are in a highly fluid environment with key responsibility to provide repair and maintenance materials in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Assurance of minimal delays or cancellations due to lack of parts availability is their primary objective. The Coordinator must be able to multitask and follow materials through the entire logistics process from initial requisition to return of core units to the stores facility.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.