API MANAGER CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Requisition #: 265059
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to directly manage the API CoE (Center of Excellence) for Delta Air Lines responsible for the full API lifecycle including standards, governance, development, support, and the API management platform.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
Provide leadership to achieve API CoE objectives and drive governance of the full API lifecycle.
Work collaboratively with all API stakeholders to successfully implement the API Strategy for the company.
Manage the API CoE team that has ownership of tools, standards and processes for API development.
Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers and manage the relationships with the customer (internal or external).
Communicate the Departmental leadership vision/strategy and then manage people and technology to follow that direction.
Demonstrate leadership across multiple projects, peer groups, and Department in thought, initiative, responsibility, teamwork, actions, and culture.
Supervise/Manage all aspects (including coaching, providing direction, staffing, delivering reviews, setting aligned objectives, First Case reporting, etc.) of direct reports' overall performance.
Responsible for daily administrative tasks and projects which include technical support, point of contact for issues, creating reports, monitoring service levels, interface for customer services issues, etc.
Responsible for reviewing and approving enterprise changes and additions and supporting Enterprise Change Management
Keep abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to lead strategic business direction of Department.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 6 or more years of experience with leading an API program at a large organization
- Experience with evangelizing APIs at a large organization
- Strong leadership, analytical, and technical skills are required.
- A track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives.
- Experience in API Products like Apigee Edge or similar platform in designing API proxies, and designing and implementing API policies, and Developer portal.
- Good knowledge on design principles and best practices in implementing REST APIs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and solve problems in a timely and accurate manner
- Works well within tight deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
Ideally you will have a background in the Airline or e-commerce industry
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.