12 months ago
This is an exciting new role at Delta Air Lines for an Application DevOps Engineer position in a fast paced environment that will be responsible for a key enterprise back office application utilized for the Delta Air Lines reservations application. This job requisition is for a full time "Domestic" position in ATL with option to work from home one day a week. Experience in the industry is key for this position as candidates will be expected to hit the ground running. This position will require minimum of 5 years' experience in the DevOps field providing a solution for 24x7x365 application. This position will also require strong leadership from a technical perspective which will require excellent verbal and written skills to communicate at all levels, collaboration across internal teams, work closely with onshore and off shore resources. This position requires the ability to manage several responsibilities concurrently and demands a high degree of initiative.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3+ years working in a fast paced technology environment that was focused on delivering a world class web application with an agile methodology utilizing latest technology frameworks.
- 3+ years providing technical guidance and decision making to ensure short term and long term technical success while minimizing technical debt.
- Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership that is best for the long term.
- Focused on helping teams develop better software focusing on Automation, Monitoring, Performance, Deployment, and Configuration Management.
- Participate in the Agile teams and program to move to best class frameworks and DevOps disciplines with the goal of moving to the cloud.
- Partner with other technology teams to ensure correct technology decisions, deliver designs, technology writeups, and technology POC.
- Improve speed to market and application quality by utilizing testing best practices, release automation, component releases and release strategies.
- Mentor and coach the team on technology, DevOps methodologies and delivery strategies.
- Partner with the teams to help mature test-driven development practices and leverage continuous integration and delivery standards and best practices.
- Follow the documented engineering handbook and enterprise standards to ensure high quality automated environment.
- Support production application when required to resolve Tier 3 issues.
- Be a technologist that leads the other team members to adopting and implementing technology to improve the application.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 5+ years of experience with tools: Git/Github, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Gradle, Spinnaker, Azure, AWS, Redis, and Open Source software to build automated testing and delivery pipelines.
-5+ years of experience working in an agile environment with full stack teams. Experience working in agile product teams is a bonus.
- 3+ years of designing and building CI/CD and test driven development which includes tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarCube and more.
-3+ years of experience working in the DevOps landscape with applications in a 24x7x365 environment with no down time.
- Solid understanding of release strategies that minimize or eliminate application downtime
- 3+ years of experience and understanding of cloud technologies as well as experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Google Compute or Microsoft Azure.
- 3+ years working in environment that relied on testing automation and performance engineering
- Technologist that keeps up on the latest technology, best practices and continues to learn and apply those learning's to the Delta environment
- Solid understanding of how HTTP request flows through various network topologies