about 1 year ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies with annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016. For 100 years we have engineered the success of our customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. Parker has increased its annual dividend per share paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
FLUID TRANSFER SYSTEM
Parker Hannifin, the global leader in motion and control technologies, introduces its 3-inch Fluid Transfer System. The new high-performance 3-inch (76 mm) lobe pump system offers improved performance while reducing downtime and operating costs.
The new pump combines Parker’s advanced engineering and manufacturing capabilities to deliver a rugged pumping solution for stationary, mobile, and high vapor-pressure fluid applications.
Parker’s Fluid Transfer System is ideal for a range of uses including oil and gas refining, transportation refueling, aircraft refueling, mining, and chemical processing.
Responsible for field applications, system design, and customer product development/enhancement. Provides sales, marketing and design direction in support of the Division’s growth initiative. May also manage specific Division key accounts.
Position responsible for driving the strategic growth segments of the Division through innovative product development and exploring adjacent market opportunities. Must effectively interface with all Division departments and Division staff. Works with minimal daily supervision, but keeps team leaders and staff informed of project status.
• Large OEM management including communication, pricing, quality reports, engineering support and market pricing.
• Conducts market research through trade associations, internet investigation and corporate services.
• Supports field sales and distributors as required to maintain Division’s premier customer service position.
• Assists Territory and Regional Manager in adapting current and new products to customer need and satisfaction.
• Provides technical expertise on product to close on final sale.
• Assists design and manufacturing in the development of new and/or revised product according to customer requirements.
• Provides timely reports summarizing findings on a given product, project or territory.
• May be required to provide technical training of customers and distributors in Division products.
• Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace and provides reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
• Keeps management aware of changes which would affect the distribution of Parker products.
• Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate response strategies.
• Develops customer communication programs and special marketing plans.
• Develops and initiates product sales plans relating to pricing, life cycle and forecasting.
• Develops strategic sales plans for existing and adjacent market for existing and new innovative products.
• Investigates market needs for innovative products and communicates them to Engineering for product development.
• Must maintain highest degree of customer service, throughput, and quality and participate in Division Lean activities.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Five to seven years Sales, Manufacturing or Engineering experience, preferably within a Manufacturing Division.
• Understanding of financial statements and analysis. PC literate (MS Office, Lotus Notes preferred.)
• Excellent mechanical comprehension with the ability to understand, describe or discuss problems of a technical nature.
• Technical competence with industrial pumps and fluid transfer systems.
• 50% travel required, primarily US Gulf Coast Region.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 5275. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor