4 months ago
As a Technical Specialist I in the Aerodynamics group you will:
• Perform engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing aircraft
• Conduct applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to aircraft design
You will bring the following experience to the team:
• Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics analyses techniques, structured and unstructured grid techniques, and airframe aerodynamic design and optimization methods required.
• Python, Matlab or FORTRAN programming experience required.
• Industry experience in Applied Aerodynamics, performing analyses and experiments to resolve aerodynamic issues desired.
• UNIX/Linux experience highly desired.
• Experience supporting airplane production and in service issues and concerns is desired.
• Experience supporting wind tunnel testing, flight testing, airplane icing, including data reduction/analysis desired.
• USM3D, NSU3D, FUN3D, GridGen, GridTool, Tecplot experience desired.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 78741
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.