about 1 month ago
The Apprentice Technician Program allows technicians to gain experience for up to 90 days after their classroom education and provides company paid exam fees for FAA Airframe and Powerplant exams during that time.
The Apprentice Technician works under the supervision of a Certificated Technician on various aircraft maintenance tasks while enrolled in the program.
* Perform maintenance work on company aircraft at our maintenance bases including but not limited to dismantling, overhauling repairing, assembling of all aircraft parts and components
* Complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with company, manufacturer and FAA requirements
* Maintain work area, tools and vehicles in clean and safe working conditions
* Ensure hazardous materials storage is frequently inspected and ensure proper labeling, containers and location in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
* Must have completed FAA Airframe and Powerplant curriculum at an accredited institution
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Valid unrestricted driver’s license
* Good driving record and ability to drive tugs, trucks, and hangar equipment; taxi aircraft; alert to moving vehicles and aircraft
* Valid US passport (or foreign passport with documented wok authorization in the US)
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written
* Good communication skills (verbal, written and radio)
* Positive attitude towards productivity, safety and quality maintenance
* Available to work shifts and overtime if necessary
* Ability to lift and maneuver up to 70lbs, bend, stoop, crawl, and kneel frequently in confined spaces
* Must have own set of tools.
We offer a competitive pay rate and a choice of a comprehensive medical plan. Among the benefits we offer are: dental, vision, life, short term disability, vacation and sick time, 401(k) plan as well as employee travel benefits