17 days ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Training Design & Development, the AQP Training Design Manager designs and develops performance-driven, engaging and innovative training solutions by applying an instructional systems design (ISD) methodology in line with the Advanced Qualifications Program (AQP) pilot training requirements.
The incumbent leverages various instructional technologies, including (but not limited to) MS Office Suite products, eLearning authoring tools, videos and other media or software related to flight crew training.
* Use specialized software to develop and manage job task analysis (JTA), Qualification Standards, training footprints and lesson outlines (in collaboration with SMEs) for submission to Transport Canada
* Re-design, develop and revise existing on-line courses to meet established adult learning standards, instructional design and best practices using authoring tools, multi-media, etc.
* Design, develop and maintain new on-line courses, with the support of subject matter experts
* Improve quality of courses by creating training that is engaging, less text-based and more visual to provide a better learning experience and improved retention for the crews
* Ensure all training materials are organized, clear, concise, consistent, and instructionally sound
* Leverage relevant instructional design strategies such as scenarios, storytelling, and examples from real life. Provide opportunities for crews to actively engage with the content through the application of operating procedures, decision making activities and problem-solving scenarios that are authentic, meaningful, relate to job tasks and improve performance
* Work closely with SMEs, Instructors and Fleet Training Managers to develop presentations, lesson plans, outlines, instructor notes, videos, scenarios, simulations, assessment activities, etc.
* Participate and/or conduct quality reviews of courses, identify and resolve issues in a timely fashion
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
* Remain current in the eLearning/training field and new developments in educational technology and learning standards
* University or college education in instructional design, adult education, educational technology, or training, or a related field.
* 2 to 5 years’ experience in instructional design, curriculum development and eLearning development (preferably for technical subject-matter)
* Experience building online courses that are media rich, (video, graphics, audio, photographs, animations etc.), easy to navigate and are designed according to established instructional design principles
* Technical skills required – eLearning authoring tools (preferably Articulate Storyline or Articulate 360) and eLearning delivery method skills via an LMS (preferably SABA).
* Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint
* Strong time management and organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
* Project management and consultation skills. Track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on projects.
* Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with SMEs, be able to work independently and in a team. Enthusiastic and willing to take on challenges.
* Fluency in the English language to AC standard
* Analytical thinking, creative and innovative
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Flight Operations