3 months ago
Thank you for your interest in the Area Manager, Cargo Sales UK position based in London, England.
Delta Air Lines is one of the world's leading international airlines. Our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Working at Delta you will be central to demonstrating that Delta understands the demands of air travel and is out to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates are responsible for having any work permits or visas necessary to work in the United Kingdom at the time of submitting an application. Delta will not be responsible for identifying the work documentation requirements or for advising the applicant on the steps required for obtaining such documentation.
The Area Manager Cargo Sales - United Kingdom, is responsible for maximizing cargo revenues and market share, with a focus on premium revenue, in close coordination with strategic partner management, and insuring optimal import and export customer service, with the goal of meeting and exceeding country revenue sales goals, adhering to expense budgets, and insuring fulfillment of the Sales Flight Plan, which is based on the regional and corporate goals of Customer Service, Operations, Finance, Network and People.
The Area Cargo Sales Manager will assist in process of setting annual revenue and expense budget in conjunction with regional management and relative support departments. This is achieved by generating new and reviewing existing sales programs with our elite and key accounts within the UK. The Area Cargo Sales Manager and his/her direct reports will make in-person sales calls, working from a sales office to qualify revenue sources and negotiate best contracts with accounts to secure revenues. Area Cargo Sales Managers are required to plan their sales activities in conjunction with current strategies and rational analysis of account and market data, proactively harmonizing customer activity and aligning rates with joint venture partners and working in partnership with GSSA. The Area Cargo Sales Manager is required to create and submit timely sales plans and activity reports to regional management and actively use Sales Force automation in order to support the overall objectives for the position, territory, market, department and corporation. Accountable for meeting or exceeding measurable key performance indicators goals. Contributes to regional strategy, tactics, action planning and execution. Deploys both strategic and tactical sales programs and tools for maximum local effect. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Account selection, monitor and analysis of CASS, World ACD, and internal performance data to identify sale opportunities.
* Focus on product segmentation especially high yield products, territory management, incentive program selection, key customer selection, manage vendors, insure coordination between GSSA, GHA agents, ACS and Operations management.
* Meet assigned revenue targets, improved revenue/tonnage/market growth, and maximized aircraft utilization, improved yield performance.
* Area Cargo Sales Manager will participate in local industry organizations on behalf of Delta and forge relationships with local industry media and governmental authorities.
* To ensure the implementation of the Cargo strategy, its execution and implementation through cross functional team leadership.
* Drives and supports joint sales initiatives, monitors performance at the regional and flight level to achieve division revenue objectives.
* Owns the customer relationship from the Delta perspective at the gateway and local office level.
* Implements and promotes Delta Cargo portfolio of products.
* Monitors the quality of service performed by Operations and maintains direct contact with Cargo Operations managers, station managers and other management level contacts at Field Operations.
* Maintains a high-level of industry knowledge and evaluates other airlines' competitive programs and practices in order to ensure Delta's competitive position is well established within assigned area of responsibility.
* Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* A results-oriented, proven track record of managing global or regional clients in the air freight industry or other B2B verticals is required.
* A minimum of 5 years sales experience is required.
* Must possess analytical thinking, strong negotiation skills, and solid decision-making abilities.
* Must be able to balance multiple competing priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment, be comfortable in front of senior level executives and have exceptional presentation, oral and written skills.
* Second level school completion; college degree preferred.
* Must have relationship-building abilities, be customer-focused and have good planning and organizational abilities and be able to work independently.
* Ability to speak, read and write English fluently is required.
* Must be in possession of valid documentation to live and work in the UK at the time of applying to this position.
* Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
Qualified Candidates: When applying, please upload an English version of your resume.