11 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Lead and manage Finish Grind & Assembly Operations for the Tyger River Plant. Ensure continuous improvement of manufacturing techniques and processes and to maximize results in the areas of product quality, delivery, reliability, product lead time, unit cost, customer satisfaction, and associate development.
Business Plan and Tactics
* Develop, support and achieve goals set in the Industrial bearing business, market segments and TRP business plan.
* Communicate Industrial bearing business, market segments, and TRP business direction, goals, objectives and tactics in terms that are understandable to all associates for alignment purposes.
* Ensure pieces produced match the timing and quantity requested with the highest yield the first time, as committed to with yearly Business Plans. Meet or exceed customer on time delivery demands.
* Identify, support, and help implement programs designed to improve efficiency via revised production scheduling and reporting.
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness of production reporting. Develop a mechanism to feedback any changes to rates, routings, setup times, utilization, scrap etc. to the master database.
* Identify, implement, and communicate procedures to improve the delivery of production machining, heat treat, grind and shipping requirements of assembly.
* Identify, implement, and communicate procedures to improve the process time of production machining, heat treat, grind and assembly operations.
* Meet or exceed all internal and external quality goals set for the TRP area.
* Monitor scrap and repair daily/weekly/monthly working to minimize the plant’s internal failure rate.
* Identify and implement programs to reduce the cost of non-conformance.
* Ensure procedures are in effect that maintain and continually improve the capability of the workforce.
* Ensure all product is manufactured to product engineering specifications.
* Identify and support the implementation of programs that reduce process variability.
* Meet or exceed KPIs for customer satisfaction as stated in the yearly business plan.
* Identify lean project opportunities to support business plan needs.
* Achieve continuous improvement productivity goals on a year over year basis.
* Identify and implement structural changes to assure continuous improvements in labor productivity, salary/administration, fixed and variable business expenses, and COGS line items.
* Manage training to promote flexibility of workforce to meet all production schedules. Manage changes in production requirements to minimize the disruption of the labor force while maintaining or improving productivity levels.
* Monitor weekly workforce scheduling (salary and hourly) to meet production and productivity goals.
* Manage minimized WIP inventory, while maintaining inventory to insure an uninterrupted production flow.
* Manage shift assignments of operative associates to achieve a balanced workload and maximum production potential.
Fixed and Variable Expenses
* Monitor tooling, miscellaneous supplies and raw material consumption and assist Procurement/Logistics in changes required to improve pricing/delivery/inventory arrangements.
* Identify, support, and help implement programs designed to reduce tooling and supply consumption.
* Proactively seek additional plant volume to lower fixed cost break-even point.
* Utilize Lean team management concepts to involve all associates in executing our business plans and tactics and to institutionalize continuous improvement and resolve specific problems.
* Regularly meet with all associates and make monthly visits to the midnight and afternoon shifts.
* Strive to provide challenging, rewarding, and meaningful jobs that contribute to professional growth.
* Administer the TRP Business Communications Plan.
* Maintain a positive and consistent workplace environment guided by the Timken vision and core values.
* Meet or exceed Health and Safety goals for the plant, maintaining a clean, safe and healthy work environment through proactive EHS management.
Lead, Direct and Develop the Supervisors
* Use the FOCUS system to provide direction and enhance the performance of salary associates.
* Continually challenge and seek growth opportunities for Supervisors developing their skills to be ready for promotional opportunities. Manage weak performers.
- High School Diploma, with 20+ yrs’ experience in a bearing manufacturing/operations environment
or Associates Degree, with 10+ yrs’ experience in a bearing manufacturing/operations environment
or BS Degree in management or technical field, with 5+ yrs' experience in manufacturing/operations
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Bearing manufacturing experience with grinding, hard machining, and assembly processes
- Bearing manufacturing experience with quality assurance/metrology activities
- BS Degree in Management or technical field, with 5 to 10 yrs manufacturing/operations experience
- Documented history of lean improvements or Lean Certification in a manufacturing environment
- Manager level experience in a bearing manufacturing environment
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
9 months ago
only 22 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 22 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 17 days until close