7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The supervisor has responsibility and accountability for the quality, operating expense, schedule accomplishment, inventory and throughput measures and all legal and environmental issues that pertain to assigned areas. The supervisor will coordinate all activities, lead and supervise all associates to meet the above objectives. The supervisor is also responsible for providing leadership that will promote change, spur innovation and drive a continuous improvement attitude among all associates
* Execute strategic direction while ensuring effective utilization of resources in the advancement of both the maintenance and tool room organizations. Manage staffing plans, performance, and training for direct reports. Ensure a safe working environment.
* Understand, comply, and consistently administer Timken local and corporate policies; conduct regular safety and housekeeping audits of work areas and follow-up on all issues.
* Ensure associate records are maintained in a timely and accurate manner (safety, training, job performance feedback, pay, attendance, vacation).
* Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventative maintenance strategy for plant equipment & facilities.
* Develop, implement, and maintain an effective workflow for internal tooling requests and production tooling orders.
* Provide oversight and direction to project manager(s) to ensure proper prioritization, thoroughness and on time/ on budget completion of projects. Ensure projects align with plant short and long-term business objectives. Communicate project status to internal customers and leadership.
* Manage the activities of outside contractors.
* Implement Lean manufacturing elements within work areas. Reduce waste by identifying and improving value-added and removing non value-added tasks.
* Maintain awareness and compliance with quality standards; leverage resources to solve quality problems.
* Prepare & present numerous types of materials to all levels of the organization.
* Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
* Experience leading asscoiates
* 3-5 years supervisory experience (industrial/manufacturing setting preferred)
* Experience working/managing contractors
* Stong organization skills and capable of multi-tasking
* Experience developing presntations & presenting to all levels of the organization
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft office suite proficient; Excel, Powerpoint, SAP/MS Project experience preferred)
* Demonstrated proficiency with verbal and written communication
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree in Manufacture Engineer, Automative or Electrical preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Management or Engineering preferred
* NHDES certifications preferred
* Maintenance/Facilities Certification preferred
* Front Line Leadership training preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.