4 months ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes in the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Assembler in our Oxygen & PSU Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Assembler under limited supervision will perform electronic, electromechanical or mechanical production subassembly and assembly operations to build and assemble units of moderate complexity.
* Works from production/assembly instructions, parts lists, wire lists, diagrams, verbal instructions, and notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of components.
* Identifies and selects components to be integrated into subassembly and assembly units.
* Utilizes small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and hammers.
* Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles, and tests units as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, correspondence, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to stand and walk; and sit; to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
* Ability to utilize close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Prior experience reading blue prints, work instructions and drawings.
* Prior experience with electronic file retrieval for blue prints, work instructions, and drawings.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.