5 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Assembler at our Manchester, CT facility.
The Assembler position installs, and assembles the various components necessary to construct a part assembly. This position utilizes the assembler’s skills and knowledge to accurately and efficiently assemble and evaluate the components required to produce precision aerospace product.
* Perform component assembly processes on precision gears, housings, bearings, etc.
* Perform component installation processes on liners, bushings, studs, rings, retainers, pins, shims, ID tags, etc.
* Inspect product for conformance to specifications using bench gaging for leak testing and assembly process.
* Perform bonding techniques with paste adhesives.
* Perform plating on one process.
* Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including process verification, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain equipment performance and prevent downtime.
* Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
* Act as a role model for new associates to foster a team environment.
* Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations.
* Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
* Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Moderate twisting and bending.
* Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions
* Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
* Heated parts and extreme cold exposure to liquid nitrogen and dry ice.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
* US Citizen or permanent resident.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 1 Year of Mechanical Assembly Experience.
* Aerospace experience desired.
* Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic math or industrial mathematics.
* Basic computer skills.
* Ability to read technical drawings.
* Ability to set use or setup various measuring devises.
* Solid problem solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.