8 months ago
Job ID #: 10203
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work:
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems, which include soldering together components to assemble fabricated metal items, as specified by work orders, diagrams, or layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: include the following:
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Performs basic to moderately complex assembly tasks.
• Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel.
• Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in various parts or products.
• Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• Inspects and tests to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
• Uses hand tools such as long nose pliers, side cutter and soldering iron to perform work.
• May refer to technical drawings, engineering notices, and/or specifications; reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Team Leader or Supervisor.
• Reassembles or reworks (solder) units as required.
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• May rotate to other work stations in the unit.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
• Ability to follow workplace safety standards and company policies and procedures.
• Ability to work in a team setting and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Soldering experience (or Certificate) required.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts. Work is typically performed at a bench and may include walking or standing some of the time
• Basic computer skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include but are not limited to: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. When required, must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs. and up to 50 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.