6 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Assembler II (Armstrong)
Responsible for the assembly of mechanical components such as wired assemblies, cable harnesses and sheet metal assemblies according to specifications as delegated by the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Select drawings and verify revision levels before commencing work.
* Interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, maintenance manuals and mechanical drawings to properly assemble product within specifications.
* Select parts and set up work station.
* Assemble electronic components per drawings and schematics.
* Assemble mechanical components (ie: sheet metal and fasteners) per drawing specifications.
* Operate the label maker to produce labels and placards. Install/adhere labels and placard identifications per drawing instructions.
* Unit of measure familiarization for inches and feet.
* Cut wires to length by hand per the specified drawing dimensions.
* Cut wires to length by machine per the specified drawing dimensions. Operate the Laser Wire Marker to cut, strip, and label wires.
* Identify cables and wire with tubing ID's and heat shrink per specified drawings.
* Pick cable harness materials such as lace tape, heat shrink and wire according to the correct part numbers as shown on the manufacturing drawing(s).
* Update the correct pick sheet with a signature, the date picked, and the correct lot# for any items picked in the manufacturing area.
* Properly strip and label wires as well as crimp contacts per specified requirements.
* Solder, unsolder, strip wires and crimp terminals according to specified requirements.
* Attach wire clamping and route wire cables and harnesses to harness boards per the work instructions and visual aids.
* Properly insert wire contacts and pins into connector locations per specified drawings.
* Prepare coax wire, stripping by hand and machine. Crimp coax cables/connectors per specified drawings.
* Perform in process continuity tests for fabricated cable/harness assemblies.
* Sign production router and work orders for tasks accomplished.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to read and interpret cable harness and sheet metal drawings
* Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
* Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals
* Technical aptitude in mechanical and electrical assembly
* Experience soldering, unsoldering, stripping wires and crimping terminals
* Experience in the aerospace industry
Astronics Armstrong Aerospace (1437)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.