6 months ago
Assembler II - TLX/TIVS
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56970BR Date posted 11/18/City Fairfield
This is an experienced Assembler position that assembles aircraft products under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
• Will be assigned a mentor to monitor any “hands on” functions that require more than general knowledge. The assigned mentor shall maintain status with the group lead on the Level I employee.
• Can perform basic functions with minimal oversight. Willingness to take instruction from mentor and or trainers.
• Can train others in basic functions (i.e. non- hazardous or simple tasks).
• Has taken the initial CI overview training.
• Understands document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures. Stamps operations, reads MP prior to starting work and any other documented instructions without oversight. Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage log, data sheet, etc.) with oversight. Knows how to locate and understand the Net Explosive Weight of the parts being built.
• Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• It is the expectation that all employees will be safety conscious at all times. It is the responsibility of each and every employee to deal with an unsafe acts, situation, and equipment etc. no matter the title of the personnel involved the area in which it is occurs.
• Under direct supervision, assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies, per customer order. Is able to perform routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance.
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order.
• Reads and assembles per Manufacturing Procedure, with some guidance
• May pack finished product into designated carton
• Participates in team stretches twice daily and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing job
• Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies
• Adheres to all UTC rules and codes of conduct and quality standards.
• Performs other duties as required and available for overtime.
• 2+ years in the manufacturing/assembly industry
• Read and understands English.
• Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment and light equipment.
• Ability to read manufacturing procedures with some supervision
• Basic mechanical knowledge.
• Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer.
• Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of assembly operation.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize potential for repetitive motion injuries
• Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Education: High School Diploma/GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.