7 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking an Assistant Chief Pilot to join our team in LAX. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Assistant Chief Pilot is responsible for pilots in all of the Compass domiciles. The successful candidate will provide guidance, coaching, mentoring, act as a role model, and support to ensure safe and efficient flight operations as well as proper care of the pilot group.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five to seven years of experience with a regional or major airline
* US Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
* First Class FAA medical certificate (when exercising the privileges of an ATP)
* Medically qualified to fly either seat in part 121 operations
* Embraer 170 type rating
* Must be able to work at a desk during work as well as performing line pilot flight duties. Additionally, the work process is frequently interrupted by inquiries, changes in work flow, with changing deadlines and unpredictable circumstances continuously impacting the work requiring extra time and intensity of work.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Have a full understanding and knowledge of the following materials with respect to Compass Airlines operations:
* Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
* 14 CFR Chapter 1 (Federal Aviation regulations;
* Compass Airlines Operations Specifications;
* All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of 14 CFR Chapter 1 (e.g., parts 1, 21, 23, 25, 43, 47, 65, 91, and 121 of this chapter);
* Be able to discharge the duties of this position to meet the applicable legal requirements and to maintain safe operations;
* Must be of high moral character, demonstrating unquestionable integrity;
* Meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119 to be appointed as a Chief Pilot in Operations in accordance with 14 CFR121;
* Must have demonstrated leadership skills;
* Must have demonstrated managerial skills;
* Must possess demonstrated negotiation and problem solving skills;
* Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, whether it be through speaking, writing and computer skills;
* Must be capable of staying trained and current in either pilot seat of company aircraft;
* Must be knowledgeable in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
* Must read, write and speak English fluently;
* Must be able to work diplomatically with others in a high stress environment;
* Must be able to organize and maintain a schedule of required actions and execute them in a timely fashion.
* Supervises company pilots in flight operations to ensure that flights are conducted safely and in accordance with applicable CFRs, Operations Specifications, and company policies and procedures. This includes the responsibility to provide guidance to pilots, Flight Attendants, Customer Service, System Operations Control, and Pilot Training to ensure their operations are conducted safely and in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations;
* Exercises judgment when variations are required from policy or procedure to ensure safe flight operations;
* Provides the highest possible role model for standards of performance, image and conduct for company pilots and other subordinates. Administers disciplinary action over company pilots and other subordinates; coordinates these actions with Flight Operations management, the pilot group representatives, and the company’s legal representation;
* Responsible for ensuring that pilot performance meets Company standards and expectations;
* Supervises assigned interns and other employees. This includes conducting candidate interviews, selecting participants, supervising interns and evaluating their performance;
* Supervises management of FAA-required weight and balance records and auditing of these records to ensure they meet regulatory requirements;
* Participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team;
* Counsels subordinates on all aspects of their jobs and conduct hearings with other company departments, subordinates, and the FAA on operational and disciplinary issues, including Pilot Dependability. Makes judgments concerning complex issues requiring consistency, fairness and a positive impact on safe flight operations;
* Manages the general administration of flight operations, including records keeping, distribution of required operational data to the pilot group and routine pilot personnel issues;
* Fosters cooperation with other company groups and the FAA;
* Maintains currency through continuing education on all job related functions/information such as company policies and procedures, operations specifications, 14 CFR Chapter 1, other air carrier manuals, and aviation safety standards and safe practices;
* Maintains Pilot Proficiency and currency by line flying;
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.