10 days ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18690
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Finance Team within the Finance Division. This position will be responsible for providing support to the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and Commodity Managers (CMs) while working closely with Internal Customers (IC).
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Manages Airport Services Contract Database, including entering new contract information, pulling reports, tracking changes through the Change Log, and conducting quarterly audits
* Inputs new contract documents into the contract management system, as required
* Maintains information and monitors supplier compliance with insurance requirements; coordinates with Manager, CMs, Suppliers and IC to promptly resolves any non-compliance concerns, provides quarterly reports to the Manger
* Maintains supplier contact database; continuously update supplier contact information and the RFI database. Maintain changes for suppliers in QuikBuy (as needed)
* Coordinates supplier communication and maintains communication records
* Tracks and maintains record of suppliers’ minority status (M/WBE); assists CMs with updating information on minority spend (direct, indirect, 2nd tier)
About The Job (Continued)
* Assists the CM in coordinating/obtaining information from other groups (flight schedules, required service quantities and specifications, facility and GSE details, and other); Establishes processes for convenient access to this information and regular updates
* Creates Purchase Orders and verifies the supporting documents for completion of proper approval signature
* Maintains purchase orders, QuikBuy orders, Add/Change forms and contract documents
* Pulls quarterly numbers and/or reports for assigned CMs from Cognos, SAP, and IATA etc.
* Pulls invoices from IATA Invoice works as required by Manager/ CMs; provides invoice reports in a designated format to track actual spend and ensure invoicing accuracy; assists Manager and CMs in resolving non-compliance or incorrect billing issues
* Researches overdue invoices for suppliers as to why payment has not been made; coordinate with IC, CMs, Suppliers to ensure any systemic issues are addressed and the payments are made on time
* Assists Manager with new employees’ onboarding process; update the information package provided to the new employees and support other necessary tasks
* Assists Manager/CM with various administrative tasks – document team meetings, handling mail and expense reports, greeting and directing customers, updating manuals and other internal documents, etc.
* Takes initiative to learn the business and team’s needs in order to improve internal processes and data quality
* High School, GED equivalency or equivalent training/experience
* Typing skill of 35 to 50 WPM
* Bachelor's degree
* PowerPoint and Access knowledge
* System knowledge and experience - IMS, AAPICS, IATA Invoice works, Sabre (RES, DECS, AMS, SAP)
* Previous on-the-job office/clerical experience
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work effectively with others in a cross-functional team environment
* Proven record of handling multiple projects simultaneously; ability to keep track of various project details, prioritize and coordinate schedules with the team to meet the deadlines
* Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Takes initiative
* Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
* Ability to learn new software applications and apply new learning
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18690
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
ERP, Clerical, Purchasing, Database, SAP, Technology, Administrative, Finance