4 months ago
Associate Director, Commercial Business Development - AMS
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58288BR Date posted 12/20/City Windsor Locks
Electric, Environmental, & Engine Systems (ES)
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Air Management Systems (AMS)
Air Management Systems (AMS) is a strategic business unit within the ES business. This business unit designs world class products for cabin air pressure and temperature control, fuel tank inerting, and air handling.
The ES business is seeking a business development manager to oversee the commercial aftermarket business for AMS products and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Drive business growth for UTAS in the aftermarket for AMS products and services
* Develop opportunities for sales both directly to airlines and to third parties that provide service for airlines
* Utilize and manage CRM to track the pipeline of opportunities for the business and ensure objectives are met
* Develop business cases for opportunities
* Mature the processes for developing proposals, creating pricing, and seeking approvals
* Define opportunities for retrofits utilizing technologies developed in the AMS business
* Assist in customer proposals and negotiations
* Provide technical and application support customer-interfacing team members and channel partners
* Coordinate strategy with Program Office business objectives
* At least 5 years of experience working in the aerospace & defense industry
* Strong demonstrated aerospace aftermarket knowledge and experience (i.e. repair, technical services, field service, service engineering, etc....)
* Familiarization with AMS products and services
* Strong demonstration of capabilities in business case development, value proposition design, developing and presenting customer solutions, and skilled negotiations
* Strong project management, time management and organization skills
* Strong demonstration of team skills with a high level of initiative and the ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing priorities
* Exceptional business acumen
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Skilled with MS Office
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field with 7+ years of relevant work experience
Master’s degree in engineering, business or a related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.