12 days ago
ISR and Space Systems Windsor Locks has an immediate opening for a business development and technology portfolio manager with primary responsibilities to develop and execute capture strategies and business development activities for opportunities in the space and maritime markets. This includes recommendations for investments to position the site for growth.
* The candidate will be expected to lead assigned various marketing and capture efforts in support of the Journey to Mars and Maritime Portfolios associated with maintaining and improving Environmental Control and Life Support Systems and Thermal Control products and systems.
* The candidate will develop a network of US Government, DoD and industry contacts to generate new opportunities and expand relationships for space and maritime.
* The candidate will utilize a vetting process (gate review or similar) to identify and establish win-strategies for both new market and programs.
* The candidate will lead a team to identify, qualify, research and pursue procurements identified within the 5-year strategic plan, identify potential customers, perform competitive assessments, assist in identifying teaming partners, develop risk and price-to-win assessments, support proposal development and bid/no bid processes.
* Prepares the site and CS&SS for successful execution of the program after contract award.
* Develop capture plans for assigned opportunities, lead the teaming strategy, teaming agreement negotiations, support bid/no bid decision process, win strategies, communications plans, action plan development & execution.
* Collaborate with CS&SS management, technical, program and proposal managers in the development of winning capture strategies through the use of market discriminators, market position, identification of new market developments, positioning of technology or system solutions and business case analysis & justifications. This includes re-assessment post integration and continual evolution.
* Incorporate opportunity, competitive, business and market intelligence and analysis into capture plans, proposals, strategic planning documents, B&P planning and market assessments.
* Manage IR&D plans/budgets for the site, develop recommendations and associated cost/benefit analysis for IR&D investments.
* Drive integration and synergy between business development, advanced technology, and preliminary design
* Assist in development of/manage call plans and effective relationships with customers, partners and legislative contacts through the development of pursuit themes, communicating ISR's core capabilities and establishing internal and external teaming arrangements.
* Lead CR&D projects as opportunities emerge
* Serve as the focal/liaison for developing health monitoring in our products
* 3+ years of business development or project management experience. Ability to apply business development activities and develop/implement capture plans.
* Ability to innovate strategies across portfolios and product offerings for customer solutions.
* Familiarity with the government proposal and procurement process, FAR and FAR supplements, contract types and industry proposal development techniques for complex government RFPs.
* Experience in organizing and developing strategic plans.
* Ability to organize and develop executive level presentations, and possess strong speaking skills to deliver technical and business presentations to large audiences.
* Proven record in leading managing and influencing high-performing teams meeting delivery milestones
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present findings in oral presentations and written reports.
* Motivational leadership skills, team building and networking skills desired.
* Persistence and ability to multi-task and manage strategic shifts in a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment.
* Proficiency with MS Office (strong PowerPoint skills)
* Ability to travel; estimated at 20%
* Secret clearance is highly desirable but not required
* All applicants are required to show proof of U.S. citizenship
*Education / Certifications
Undergraduate degree required in technical field; advanced degree or professional training desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.