8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Wind, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking an individual to fill a full-time outside sales role.
* Outside sales for H&N Wind. Sales of wind services and wind parts in various regions (primarily the NW and Midwest regions of the USA).
* Get to know each customer "thoroughly".
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of the benefits of company services and products.
* Sell services and products in an amount commensurate with the potential of the account/territory.
* Devote the time and effort necessary to be a success.
* Operate efficiently and effectively with a minimum of close supervision.
* Develop and maintain self-confidence and a positive attitude towards the Company and its customers.
* Seek out prospective customers and make cold calls and/or visits as needed.
* Maintain current customer relationships.
* Meet or exceed sales goals.
* Develop and maintain a highly respectable image of the company in the eyes of the customers, vendors, and competitors.
* Responsible for leading the business development/sales function of the Company in his/her area to achieve company business objectives for orders, revenue, earnings, and growth. He/she will be instrumental driving customer preferences to make our company the wind services and parts provider of choice.
* Responsible for commercial and contractual input into bid preparation and support, collaboration and cooperation with the proposals team for successful bid submission.
* Account management to widen the customer base and improve knowledge of customer drivers, key players and influences, and competitor activities.
* Assess customer requirements and needs regarding financial and contractual items to ensure market competitiveness. Develop and implement continuous improvements to the processes for order acquisition.
* Develop and support strategic activities to further advance and profitably grow H&N, including contributing to market assessments, budget preparation, and agreement of BTAs.
* Plan sales work on a long-term basis by setting a yearly quota of calls to make on each account that is proportional to the potential of the account.
* Begin work every Monday morning by preparing a list of sales calls to make each day of that week.
* Submit Weekly Call Reports and Weekly Expense reports no later than Monday the following week.
* Plan calls geographically to minimize the unproductive time spent on driving.
* Actively sell services and products using specific, well thought out presentations.
* Enhance the effectiveness of sales calls by always bringing a supply of current samples, promotional pieces, advertising material, etc.
* Make use of factory and/or company demonstration equipment as often as possible, with or without the support of factory representatives.
* Do as much active selling and make as many customer contacts as possible between 8:30 and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. Save correspondence and other activities for other times.
* Follow up on assigned sales leads promptly.
* Be active and positive in selling the company's complete line of products and services at published levels. Any price deviations, if required, must have prior approval of the vice president/plant manager.
* Keep personal customer account cards up to date. Make sure names and addresses are accurate.
* Promptly investigate and resolve customer complaints to the best of your ability.
* Keep accurate records of travel, mileage, and sales-related expenses.
* Follow-up on all written quotations to show customers that the company values their business.
* Understand all company sales and credit policies and procedures fully.
* Develop a comprehensive knowledge of each service, product, and application in order to recognize quickly which ones can benefit each customer.
* Attend all applicable meetings and classes. Be prompt, attentive, and participate in a positive manner.
* Gain a working knowledge of competing products and companies.
* Learn as much as possible about every customer - e.g., their specialties, their needs, their personnel and organizational structures, their financial position, etc.
* Analyze the sales picture of your territory frequently, using sales summaries that are provided. Review results monthly to determine relative status and adjust sales activities accordingly.
* Achieve Company business objectives for orders, revenue, earnings, and growth.
* Coordinate closely with Operations and Accounting to assure seamless integration of all customer related processes.
* Advocate the customer and market perspective, and represent capabilities through industry associations, shows, events, and conferences.
* Industrial sales experience a must.
* Excellent customer and human relation skills.
* Willingness to travel.
* Willingness to continuously learn and grow with the Company.
* Able to work alone or within a team, self-started and team player.
* Good organization skills.
* Willing and able to make cold calls.
* Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - knowledge of basic accounting software is a plus.
* Clean driving record.
* Bachelor's degree and/or 2+ years of industrial sales experience is preferred.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and potentially climb wind turbines.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places.
* The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.