about 1 year ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
Technical expertise at the corporate level is necessary to design, implement, and support bearing manufacturing processes for new and existing Timken facilities around the world.
This position provides technical direction, analysis, and project management support for the implementation of manufacturing technologies and initiatives at our bearing manufacturing plants.
1. CAPITAL PROJECTS - Support capital investment efforts required for Timken’s business growth initiatives globally. This includes: project support, process designs, specification/selection of new assets or upgrades in technology to existing equipment, asset and process implementation into plants sites, and delivery of a total cost-competitive process technology package to the plants. This also includes creation of Appropriation Requisitions (ARs), including basic business case analysis, cost tracking/forecasting of spending, and resource planning.
2. PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION - Contribute analysis to support global product/process rationalization efforts by performing manufacturing process benchmarking analyses and manufacturing cost comparisons across the plants.
3. PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning and assist in the implementation of corrective actions when necessary to ensure timely completion.
4. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Technically support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
5. TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION – Assist in the development of manufacturing plant implementation plans for newly-developed processes, working with Research & Development, Product Materials and Metallurgy, Design Engineering, and customers, as needed.
6. TRAVEL - International and/or domestic travel required occasionally to support process start-up.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
* Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during other employment
* Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
* Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
* Demonstrated effective communication skills
* Willingness to travel
* Ability to relocate
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.