6 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as a 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high‐integrity solutions in the world. Aeronautical Radio, Inc. is looking for you to join our team r located in Bohemia, NY, as a Associate Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
Our Air/Ground Domestic Voice Service is the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messages. The service is backed by 45 years of Rockwell Collins IMS experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting our nationwide Air to Ground voice and data networks, or our custom communication solutions, Rockwell Collins IMS Associate Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
The Associate Radio Field Service Technician will:
* Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
* Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
* Be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, vendors, and contractors in support of maintenance and installation activities.
**This position requires the candidate be on‐call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel will be
Local candidates will be given first preference.
To be considered for this position you must have completed a technical electronics or radio
Other qualifications include:
* Ability to become proficient in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications
* Ability to replace Line Replaceable Units and do simple electrical and mechanical repairs.
* Able to perform testing using test equipment (voltmeters, spectrum analyzers)
* Ability to analyze system failures and identify and restore equipment malfunctions
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and diagrams
This position will require a criminal history check. In addition, criminal history checks (CHRC) and
Security Threat Assessments (STA) will be performed by airport authorities for airport badge
applications. Applicant is expected to pass all background investigations. The background check includes
the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or
Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3
consecutive years of the last 5 years.
* Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in
* High school diploma or GED.
* Completed a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college (AAS Electrical
Technology or similar vocational school background).
* AM radio maintenance experience is a plus.
* Practical work in the electronics field from the military or commercial sector
* As an Associate Technician, travel will be limited and will be in the company of a senior technician. As
you progress to the rank of senior technician you will be required to travel to any of our remote sites.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.