2 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Equipment and Process Tech will support GE Aviation to learn and deliver. In this role you will be involved in building, maintaining, and / or operating state of the art additive manufacturing process equipment. In this role you will support the development of additive technology solutions and report findings to key stakeholders including manufacturing, engineering and quality organizations. This is a 2nd shift position
In addition you will :
* Plan and conduct associated projects requested by engineers / organizational leader
* Perform required tasks including assembly, setup, operation, inspection and documenting results
* Work well with minimum supervision
* Carry out material procurement and report preparation
* Maintain accurate and complete records of materials and services used, experimental results, observations and raw data
* Present data in an appropriate form
* Create and carry out new or special material processing and evaluation techniques
* Contact external and internal sources for needed information regarding materials and processes that will benefit assigned programs
* Maintain currency and compliance with GE policies, procedures and directives, including vouchering, reporting, operating, environmental and safety practices
* Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a composites or metal machining technician role or inspection / assembly / test technician role)
* Minimum of 1 year of work experience in an Aviation type technician processing / materials role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability and willingness to work a 2nd shift position
* Ability to work any shift and overtime as needed during peak periods
* Familiarity with additive manufacturing methods
* Knowledge of and ability to set up and operate DMLM or EBM machines
* Significant machine building, assembly, and/or maintenance including programming and troubleshooting
* Understanding and ability to work with complicated drawings and part prints
* Ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment
* Ability to adhere to standards, do a high quality job in a safe manner and within acceptable time
* Ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills
* Ability to promote a climate of cooperation; leading by example, mentoring others in quality, safety, environmental and lean philosophies
* Ability to work as part of a team and perform all related duties
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.