10 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The ATC Lead Additive CAD Engineer operates as a design team member providing definition of responsible module deliverables that meet customer, partner and program needs. In the role of ATC Lead Additive CAD Engineer, you will work with engineering, supply chain and other business functional teams to deliver complex aircraft engine designs.
The ATC Lead Additive CAD Engineer will utilize their expertise to mentor and train team members while participating in section, department and business wide continuous improvement and simplification initiatives.
In addition, the ATC Lead Additive CAD Engineer will :
* Create definition of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 2D drawings, 3D reusable models in a linked model environment, tolerance stack-ups, change is design co- authoring and various other electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule
* Work with engineering and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing producibility
* Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and engine systems
* Save applicable models to the Digital Engine then maintain and support up to date digital engine builds
* Drive global team development through communication, partnering and mentoring to drive local decision making and autonomy
* Export tag applicable definition created by self and responsible purchased services based on jurisdiction and exportability classifications
* Effectively utilize purchased service team members by preparing and sending work packages containing tagged hardware, definition of work scope, proper funding and due dates while monitoring progress and quality levels
* Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
* Continuously challenges self and team skills in functional area. Stays current with industry developments in one’s field of expertise
* Ability to work on government secured program with varying ranges of security clearance
* Adherence to special security requirements and those pertaining to the special access environment
* Provide direction to the organization to meet its security obligations
* Concurrently manage multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
* Active participation in short and long-term team, section and/or business goals focused on continuous improvement and simplification
* Utilize Lean Six Sigma principles to drive improvements to current business products and processes
* Provide technical leadership for team members in the form of training, mentoring, talent development, and work verification
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in the design of mechanical components and systems, CAD or CAM
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.