about 1 month ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In the role of ATC Quality Technician, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
The individual working in this ATC Quality Technician role will be working a 2nd shift position
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short term objectives of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, the ATC Quality Technician will:
* Produce prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
* Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMMs, profilometers, and CT scanners
* Effectively use metrology tools such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges
* Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
* Conduct experiments and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
* Take ownership for assigned lab areas including maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, environmental health and safety, and shop cleanliness
* Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
* Provide input into design of production inspection tooling and gauging.
* Perform first article, in-process and final part inspection.
* Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods. (ie. RCCA, supplier quality control, GEAPS report)
* Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
* Daily communication with leadership and customer/vendor to solve quality challenges.
* Support manufacturing engineering and quality systems during quality control activities. (at final inspection)
* Support manufacturing engineering with process reviews (before jobs are released)
* Collect and input process capability data
* Support QC process control activities with SPC, Gage R&R, etc…
* Document / disposition NC's and submit MRB
* Maintain calibration of gauges
* Support cross training initiatives
* Site layout and design of quality room.
* Advanced inspection techniques (CMM programing, airflow, farro arm, etc…)
* High school diploma / GED
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering (an Associate's degree in an engineering or manufacturing discipline may be substituted for experience)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
* Flexibility is schedule to work a 2nd shift position
* Experience in quality and/or inspection
* Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
* Experience performing design of experiments and associated documentation
* Experience working a team-based environment
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.