8 days ago
Director ATC & Airspace Ops
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Manager, Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tactics leads Alaska Air Group's (AAG) real time tactical day to day engagement in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and industry collaboration, developing real time tactical strategy for mitigation of ATC impacts on the operation.
Scope & Complexity
- This position reports to the Director, ATC and Airspace Operations and supports tactical ATC activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries. This role represents AAG in all real time daily national and regional level tactical ATC planning and execution activities. This position provides the Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) as well as the other domestic carriers.
- Partners with the FAA, Airport Authorities, and collaborative industry forums to develop tactical solutions for mitigation of ATC constraints throughout the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Represents AAG in real time decision making with the FAA regarding the implementation of various traffic management initiatives.
- Proactively analyzes, seeks out and drives implementation of ATC operational efficiency improvements.
- Provides day to day oversight and responsibility for AAG's ATC function.
- Tactically ensures maximum efficiency of Alaska's network traffic flow through partnerships with the Director, Systems Operational Control (SOC) and ATC Chief Dispatchers.
- Engages in other duties related to ATC.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of five years FAA traffic management experience as a Traffic Management Coordinator, Supervisory Traffic Management Coordinator, or National Traffic Management Specialist.
- Working knowledge of FAA Order 7110.65, Air Traffic Control manual.
- Working knowledge of Traffic Flow Management (TFM) practices within the (NAS).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly scope situations, synthesize an accurate understanding of risks, and develop plans responsive to those risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the company, with others in the organization, and key external business partners.
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and creative solutions-focused mindset, with ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, collaborative environment.
- A commitment to ensuring Safety as Alaska's number one value.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Air Traffic Controller license and experience, Commercial Pilot Certificate and experience, or Dispatch License and experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 19, 2017.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.