4 months ago
Automation and Robotics – Supervisor Toronto Site Services - Tooling-TOR03687
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Identify advanced manufacturing improvement opportunities, conduct new technology automation and tooling studies, business case and option analyses and make optimization recommendations for management review.
- Develop high level manufacturing integration concepts, design/ build ROM estimates and technical requirements documents to meet program methods aircraft assembly requirements for any automation and/or robotic solutions that optimizes the process and/or holds, moves or allows people to work on aircraft components.
- Project manage and coordinate the implementation of the solution; including technical contract oversight, design acceptance, status reporting, budget and schedule management.
- Work with production employees and the training centre to handover new technology, automated tooling and robotic tooling to be used by production operators.
- Work with information technology (IT) department in development of automated controls for accessing, backing-up and monitoring changes to all automation and robotic programs and reporting systems used on the final assembly line.
- Work with production to provide required support during the use of automation and robotic tooling on the final assembly line.
- Responsible for the processing, managing and prioritizing requests to develop NC programs, in addition too, modifying standardized robotic code.
- Promote and act as a leader for Achieving Excellence System implementation.
- Coach your team in order to develop their talent in the organization.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You possess automation and/or robotic manufacturing experience.
- You possess experience in supervising both unionized and salaried employees.
- You have working knowledge of cost accounting and cost estimating.
- You have proven ability to manage projects working.
- You possess a sound understanding of basic engineering principles as they relate to tooling, work study, process analysis and resource planning.
- You have knowledge of applying lean manufacturing techniques.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have knowledge of CATIA V5, ENOVIA V5, DELMIA, Fast-tip, Spatial Analyzer and/or NC programming is an asset.
- You have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and SAP.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.11.2017, 2:51:26 PM