9 months ago
This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, and providing support for Application Performance Resiliency and Instrumentation. You will be responsible for defining and implementing best practices for the end-to-end delivery of the Application Performance Resiliency solution, collaborate with Enterprise Business Relationship Managers to establish application performance baselines and re-evaluate and improve them on a scheduled basis.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Roadmapping, designing, building, and maintaining the operational readiness of the application monitoring and IT operations automation infrastructure
- Assisting with show back reporting for applications.
- Identifying gaps in technical monitoring capabilities so they can be filled or avoided to meet project and operational needs.
- Leverage a complete set or monitoring and IT Operations tools for delivering high end application and IT Infrastructure resiliency.
- Build out performance and user experience measurements in the solution for all applications, especially those deemed critical in nature.
- This role is a senior technical contact for the application teams and their technical knowledge must bridge technologies and applications throughout the company
- Develop relevant internal application resiliency training materials and perform training for application and infrastructure teams.
- Providing subject matter expertise on monitoring for projects and implemented applications including estimating levels of effort.
- Define and implement QA practices and processes to monitor and ensure the quality and resilience of software and applications across the IT team
- Define and implement DevOps practices and processes consistent with the organization's ITSM framework.
- Ensure all QA and DevOps practices are followed at all times to lead to higher IT applications and infrastructure reliability.
- Work with team to create a repeatable system reliability engagement process ensuring that all systems and processes are built in a standard way to ensure high reliability.
- Build a process consulting workflow for all team members to ensure all applications have the appropriate level of oversight by approaching existing application owners to build a governance plan.
- Partnership with Application Performance Management, Enterprise Management and Capacity Management teams to support data capture and advanced data manipulation efforts to support proactive identification of issues.
- Establish and guide the capture of performance indicator metrics
- Define performance analysis standards and establish processes.
- Determine root cause and defining action plans through monitoring tools to prevent future application outages.
- Research and recommend software version, and patch levels, for monitoring products in accordance with the strategic direction of the company.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information to technical support groups, customer support centers, end-users, senior management and vendors.
- Increase resiliency and efficiency through implementation of best practices and process automation.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of information engineering projects; systems analysis, design and programming using standard tools and methods, systems planning, business information Planning
- Experience with application performance management, enterprise monitoring and IT operations automation technologies and techniques
- 5+ years' experience in application development and IT Operations.
- 5+ years' experience in systems performance testing, software performance testing, and/or software QA testing.
- Must be willing to work in a highly dynamic environment (with tight deadlines and changing priorities).
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or the equivalent in experience
- Experience with leading Application Performance Management and Enterprise Monitoring solutions.
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience with performance management tools, such as Dynatrace, Gomez, Wily, AppDynamics or any other APM tools
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues as well as trending recurring issues.