9 months ago
Maintenance Controller Reports to: Director of Maintenance Department: Maintenance
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Maintenance Control maintains constant awareness of aircraft operational requirements and essential
maintenance required for the continued airworthiness of aircraft. Maintenance Control will know the
airworthiness condition of all aircraft at all times and will monitor all current maintenance activities.
Maintenance Control is the primary interface between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight Following to
provide updates on aircraft status and coordinate aircraft availability based on maintenance schedules and
1. Responsible for all aircraft maintenance work performed. 2. Responsible to ensure that the quality and quantity of work performed by company mechanics and on-
call maintenance providers is consistent with company policies and procedures. 3. Serves as the primary interface for communications between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight
Following in regards to aircraft status and availability. 4. Monitor mechanics work to ensure duty time limitation are not exceeded. (14 CFR 121.377) 5. Manage recovery efforts for abnormal/unscheduled maintenance operations. 6. Complete all required training, initial and recurrent, for duties as a Maintenance Controller 7. Ensure all forms required for maintenance tasks performed are complete and properly distributed. 8. Order and track all replacement parts, Deferred Maintenance Items, and ensure on‐hand quantities of
critical/routine items in the fly‐away kits do not go to zero‐balance. 9. Review inventory reports and identify potential shortages. 10. Monitor and report to Chief Inspector all maintenance and flight crew reports for items that require
Service Difficulty Reports. (14 CFR 121.703) 11. Evaluate the effectiveness of the Maintenance Program in all of its applications, routine and non‐routine
maintenance, and alert the Director of Maintenance and the Chief Inspector of program defects and
deficiencies. 12. Perform other duties as assigned. Additional Responsibilities: Safety
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report
those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform
in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects
and print or write legibly. Revised 08/11/2017 Page 1 of 2
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may
frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the
manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and
objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions
of the job.
Qualifications: 1. Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate. 2. Requires associate’s degree in aviation maintenance, or equivalent level of training. 3. Requires an aviation maintenance background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft
troubleshooting; performing line maintenance; technical manuals, forms, and Airworthiness Directives;
aircraft dispatch requirements; and aircraft systems training. 4. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. 5. Requires excellent interpersonal skills. 6. Requires competent computer skills.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 08/11/2017 Page 2 of 2