12 months ago
Inspector Reports to: Chief Inspector Department: Inspection
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Job Summary: Inspects company aircraft and components for safe and reliable flights.
Job Duties: 1. Inspect aircraft and components. Perform scheduled inspection and document discrepancies.
Perform RII inspection of tasks requiring special inspection. Inspect Engine Shop, Parts
Department, Accessories Shop, and Avionics for compliance with manuals. Act as a liaison
between maintenance department and Chief Inspector. Perform follow-up inspections on
2. Meet arriving and departing aircraft to discuss with the Flight personnel the maintenance
required or accomplished on the aircraft.
3. Perform airworthiness release. Determine that the aircraft log entry was prepared per EAC
manuals. Determine that the work was performed per company manuals. Determine that all
RII items were inspected by an authorized person. Determine that no known condition exist
that would make the aircraft unworthy for flight. Determine that, as far as work is performed,
the aircraft is safe for operation and release.
4. Perform receiving inspections. Inspect part, component, or material for damage, conformance
to standards, and applicability. Inspect documentation on part for legality and conformity to
build specifications. Confirm TSO on applicable parts per company manuals and operational
specifications. Release parts for service. Assign appropriate tags to items as needed
(Serviceable or Blue inspect before use).
5. Update aircraft records. Review daily log sheets for completeness and entry of data into
CALM and aircraft records. Review of scheduled inspections and aircraft records. Filing of
inspections and aircraft records. Build-up of inspection package and review for completeness
before issue to maintenance.
6. Perform airworthiness release. Monitor CALM daily for record accuracy.
7. Conduct vendor audits and inspections. Audit vendor facility for conformance to FAA
standards. Train vendor employees on company manuals and procedures. Perform
inspections of components being repaired by venders. Inspect manuals, operational
specifications, equipment, and tooling for revision status and calibration.
8. Bridge inspection for new aircraft. Inspect records and prove AD compliance and AD status of
aircraft. Prove inspection status of aircraft and write-up inspections to be performed. Verify
components TSO and TBO status and verify documentations of parts. Perform inventory of
aircraft and compile aircraft Master Inventory and Minimum Equipment List. Write bridging
document and submit to FAA.
9. Perform CAS audits. Perform audit per tasking and instructions in the company’s General
Maintenance Manual. Compile data and discrepancies and present to the Chief Inspector.
10. Ensure all tools requiring calibration are within current calibration/date. Track all tooling
calibration dates. Coordinate with maintenance department to have tooling sent-out/removed
from service when calibration is due. Ensure items in calibration lab are completed in a timely
manner. Revised 2/10/11 Page 1 of 2
Additional Responsibilities: Safety
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when
encountered and report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
Qualifications: 1. Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate or other appropriate certificate.
2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and
4. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of
5. Exposed to all kinds of weather.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature________________________________ Date_______________________
Employee Printed Name______________________________
Revised 2/10/11 Page 2 of 2