Analytics Specialist - TechOps Analysis & Performance
Requisition #: 262543
The Operations Analysis & Performance (OAP) team provides analytical support across all major operational areas of the company. Support spans across the full range of Delta's operation, and may focus on any of the following areas:
Resource Planning - Develops and maintains staffing models and related KPIs, analysis, and demand/capacity forecasts for assigned operating division. Completes ad hoc analysis of staffing and related performance metrics.
Reliability Analysis - Performs analysis of key aircraft reliability metrics to support operational performance. Develops reliability models and forecasts to enhance diagnosis and proactive repair programs.
Operations Analysis - Develops and reports KPIs including support of the Monthly Performance Review for senior leaders. Completes ad hoc analysis of operational performance as well as relationships between metrics and business units.
Operations Performance - Locates and improves upon data sources to develop automated reporting and analysis tools including email reports, scorecards, dashboards, and ad hoc business unit needs.
Continuous Improvement - Applies Theory of Constraints (TOC), Lean Six-Sigma (LSS), and other continuous improvement methodologies across all areas of the operation to improve operational performance
Operations Project Management Office - Applies Project Management practices and tools, including Critical Chain Project Management and Agile techniques, to the management of cross-divisional initiatives to improve business value, reliability and implementation timelines
The Analytics Specialist will:
- Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in analysis, models and project development
- Locate and develop new data sources and/or basic analytical models and projects
- Aggregate views of data sources into meaningful hierarchies
- Develop complex reports and analyses
- Support complex process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives
- Present findings to OAP and business unit leaders
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Business/Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or other relevant quantitative field required and 18+months of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field OR Masters degree and 0-2 years relevant experience required. Previous airline experience preferred. Track record of seeking leadership roles including student and community organizations preferred. Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings and presenting to leaders. Successful candidates will have a basic understanding or experience with most, if not all, of the following:
- SQL, SAS, R or other database interface tools and languages
- Visual Basic, Perl or other basic functional programming tools
- Statistical analysis and modeling including Linear Regression, Segmentation, non-linear predictive (e.g. Logistic) regression and machine learning