|Job Title:||Avionics Engineer lll|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||NonExempt
|External Description:||Develop engineering design, analysis, and substantiation documentation in support of avionics and electrical modification programs. Duties will include management of tasks independently with assignments provided by the Project Lead or Engineering Management. Duties will also include providing guidance and assistance for less-experienced Engineering staff, and interaction with different members of internal and external organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interface and coordinate with other Avionics/Electrical Engineers for input on system interface wiring requirements to support the electrical harness and equipment installations
• Develop and design avionics & electrical systems, at the aircraft level, for aircraft installations such as; Cabin Management, IFE, BC/ Seat Accommodations, Interior Lighting for interior integration modification programs
• Develop and design avionics systems to support aircraft updates and modifications such as; Communications, Navigation, Recording & Monitoring, Instrumentation and other aircraft related avionics systems
• Develop electrical and avionics system compliance and substantiation Documents/Reports in support of FAA, EASA and other Foreign CAA approvals
• Develop aircraft drawing and document packages to include; System Schematics Manuals, Fault Isolation Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Wire Lists, Connector Lists, Hookup Lists and Parts Lists
• Develop engineering plans, reports and substantiation packages to include; Test plans, EWIS, AFMS, FMEA, SSA, TVSA, ELA
• Perform technical review of supplier documentation to support electrical and avionics system requirements
• Develop Engineering Orders and Work Instructions for aircraft installations
• Review existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for entire aircraft systems; avionics, electrical and mechanical
• Provide written technical accomplishment instructions for aircraft modifications, or repairs to maintenance, customer, and regulatory authorities as necessary
2 Rev. New
• Communicate technical details of designs through technical writing and computer drafting functions
• Coordinate and assist in implementing new policies and procedures within the Engineering department to help improve efficiency
• Plan, review, organize, and prioritize engineering assignments to ensure completeness of tasks and maintains responsiveness in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules
• Carries out the policies and procedures of ATS and ATS Engineering and notifies Engineering Management when these procedures are not followed
• Position may require overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours
• Position may require being assigned to alternative shifts such as Day, Night, Swing, and Weekends
• Assist Engineering Management with additional tasks when business needs arise
• Perform other duties as assigned
Initiate technical instructions that are substantiated by data acceptable to or approved by the FAA. For technical instruction pertaining to work accomplished on aircraft or components operated under FAR Part 91, 121 and 145, authority is as specified by the air carrier's procedures and/or ATS Repair Station Manual.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Proven proficiency in AutoCAD for design and development of aircraft wire routing drawings for shipside and monuments to latest FAA and EASA design standards to meet customer requirements
• In depth knowledge of FAA and EASA compliance requirements in support of electrical and avionics systems and installations
• Understands wire schematics and system block diagrams
3 Rev. New
• Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing and Airbus aircraft for commercial models related to electrical and avionics systems
• Ability to work and make decisions independently with limited supervision
• Strong working knowledge of My Boeing Fleet and Airbus World for OEM data sets.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment/wire installation
• Knowledge of electrical and avionics standards such as; RTCA, ARINC and SAE.
• Ability to trouble-shoot electrical and avionics systems
• Competent user of CAD and data management systems
• Ability to understand and derive multiple customer standard electrical system requirements
• Must be able to provide layouts and program design reviews
• Coaches and mentors others on best design practices
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to travel as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering desired with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant aerospace experience or 15 years of equivalent aircraft design experience required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.