- Perform general avionics support items onaircraft. This shall include, but not belimited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components andrepair work.
- Troubleshooting and evaluation of systemson the aircraft when designated.
- Inspection and evaluation of the aircraftand components when designated.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility,equipment and tooling to support operations.
- Work independently on projects and leadmultiple projects as assigned. Schedule and work quality are essential in thesefunctions.
- Work with customer in project management,pricing and customer support roles.
- Must be willing to work overtime andalternate shifts as required
- Must be willing to work as part of the “OnCall” rotation team
- Any other job-related duties as assignedby supervisor or management.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Electrical tech school.
Avionics specific trainingpreferred.
Experience 5 - 10 years prior avionics experience.
3 years turbine aircraftexperience.
FAA paperwork, work order andbilling process experience.
Initiative Self-motivated and able to maintain arapid pace.
Able to process work withminimum supervision.
Ability to lead and provideincentive to other team members.
Able to deal directly withcustomer, including with areas of conflict.
JOB TITLE AVIONICS REPAIR TECHNICIAN III - continued
Responsibility Must perform all work in accordance with FederalAviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safetyrules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented workhabits.
Direct the work and flow ofmultiple projects.
Complete all work orders, FAApaperwork, logbook entries and billing items.
Contacts Other technicians in avionics or otherdepartments.
Team Leader of other teamsassigned to project, Avionics Repair Assistant Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
PhysicalRequirements Able to lift as least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending andsquatting or sitting.
Routine or repetitive physicalmotion with arms and hands.
Basic personal computeroperation.
MentalRequirements Understanding andimplementation of regulations and guidelines.
Ability to troubleshoot orevaluate system operation.
Ability to work with others ina professional manner.
Ability to coordinate project.
Supervision Will directly supervise technicians.
Work with minimal supervisionfrom Avionics Repair Assistant Manager.
Work with other Team Leaders onmultiple projects in a cooperative manner.
WorkingConditions Themajority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraftruns will occur.
Varied positions in and aroundthe aircraft.
Equipment Used Personalhand tools supplied by the technician.
Various electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and othersupport devices.
Tugs, power carts and otherengine powered equipment.
Personal computer and workorder prints.