12 months ago
Cargo Agent Reports to: Cargo Supervisor Department: Cargo
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: ANC
Job Summary: Prepare freight to be loaded into aircraft for delivery and unload freight upon receipt.
Essential Functions: 1. Load and unload aircraft with forklifts utilizing various support tools including pipe rollers, pallet jacks,
and pry bars. Perform safety checks such as securing cargo loads with cargo straps and the securing
of cargo doors. Assist with connecting AP unit and placement of wheel chocks and air stairs.
2. Organize and consolidate freight. Stage freight and prepare pallets of Bypass mail and off-load
palletized Bypass mail. Transport Priority and Non-Priority to and from the Post Office. Bring Transfer
Mail to the Post Office or another carrier as dictated by the postal ramp clerk.
3. Maintain all appropriate paperwork in regards to freight and bypass/non-priority mail.
4. Accompany aircraft on occasion to final destination to assist in loading and unloading.
5. Communicate effectively with loadmasters, cargo agents, maintenance, management, and flight crew.
6. Conduct daily inspections of forklifts, powered conveyor system (belt loader), bunny trucks, and Chip
7. Assist Customer Service Agents during high volume freight intake periods. Complete Freight Receipt
Sheet for small orders when needed. Tag and store shipments for transportation.
8. Maintain a clean work environment. Including the emptying of trash cans when full or assigned,
cleaning the warehouse and ramp as assigned, cleaning out aircraft before loading, cleaning out the
box and bob-tail trucks as needed, and assisting in post-load clean-up of F.O.D. around the aircraft.
Additional Duties: Safety
1. Contribute to a safe work environment by tuning in to your environment; eliminate unsafe acts not
required by your job function. Use risk mitigation guidelines where risky behaviors are authorized and
2. Follow SMS work practices and procedures and adhere to policies documented in the SMS manual,
including the reporting of hazards and incidents.
3. Wear appropriate PPE and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
4. Keep work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report
those that you can't personally correct to your immediate supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of any Customers acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are conforming
to airport security guidelines.
Environmental Conditions: 1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must
perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may
frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to drive a vehicle, bend, stretch, stand, knee,
walk and extend legs.
3. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects
and print or write legibly.
Revised 1/1/2009 Page 1 of 2
4. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the
manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials
and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential
functions of the job.
License(s): 1. Valid Driver’s license
Qualifications: 1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes.
3. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name
Revised 1/1/2009 Page 2 of 2