3 months ago
Represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters this position's starting rate is $15.71 - $18.21/hr. Technicians work 40 hrs per week and are eligible for a full benefits package. We are also offering a $2,500 hiring bonus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Avionics Technician job duties include performing maintenance on aircraft/avionics systems and components including but not limited to, routine and non-routine maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repair and replacement of aircraft communication, navigational and electrical equipment, functional testing, and inspections on our fleet of DHC-8 and Embraer-145 aircraft.
• Be 18 years old
• Must hold an associates degree specialized in electronics and avionic systems or have a minimum of two years experience working with aircraft electronics and avionic systems
• Must be able to obtain or hold a valid certificate appropriate to the work performed (e.g. FCC license, Repairman's Certificate or Airframe and Powerplant license) within 18 months of employment
• Successfully complete a background check and FBI fingerprint check
• Valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Previous background and/or experience in mechanical operations or endeavors
• Excellent attendance record
• Some travel is required
• Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
• Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Moderate physical activity, stooping, bending, kneeling. Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities