4 months ago
• Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems and equipment in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms.
• The Avionic Technician performs Organizational, Intermediate and limited Depot level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components and equipment. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to other employees as needed. Possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft systems. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions and special tools and test equipment. Must be familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of aircraft systems.
• Potential candidate must have a strong background in commercial avionics, principle of operation, system maintenance and troubleshooting
• Experience with heavy aircraft strongly preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical directives, planning documents, test specifications, technical publications and procedures and applicable safety manuals.
• Must be able to work in the established work/living environment, work shift schedules and support mission requirements.
• Must be customer oriented.
• Must have in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications-read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings and charts.
• Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.
• Must be able to perform operational checks, system adjustments and troubleshooting of RADAR, communications, electronics and navigation systems as required.
“Other mechanic / flight line duties and related support as required across the program “
Minimum of three (3) years aircraft avionics technician experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years recent experience on heavy aircraft.
• Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team if required.
• Must have a current civilian driver's license and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver's license.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim DOD secret government security clearance as required.
This maintenance classification activity is usually accomplished in a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50lbs. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision, and acceptable depth perception.
Work Environment: The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
• Ability to Travel CONUS and OCONUS deployment is required.
• Formal or Specialized Training/Equivalent on assigned aircraft and equipment
• U.S. Citizenship
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Valid US Passport
L3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Dec 19, 2017, 2:01:14 PM
: Installation and Maintenance