2 months ago
L-3 RASM-E is a diverse program located in Ft. Bragg, NC, Hunter AAF, Savannah, GA and Ft. Drum, NY. This position will be at our New River NC location and is part of the Maintenance Team.
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail oriented. This position requires the individual to work in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems. Aircraft Avionics Technicians, CH-53, install, remove, inspect, test, maintain, and repair systems, components, and ancillary equipment of installed aircraft communications, navigation, electrical and deceptive electronic countermeasures systems at the OMA level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs aircraft maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, and modification of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
• Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to other employees as needed.
• Possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals and publications, and special tools and test equipment.
• Must be familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of electrical/avionics systems.
• Possess a thorough working knowledge of the detection, prevention and treatment of corrosion.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities:
• Performs the troubleshooting and rewiring of complex avionics/electrical systems and subsystems discrepancies and modifications.
• Coordinates with the customer, the OEM, management and work centers to resolve questions concerning aircraft and/or aircraft systems modifications and repairs.
• Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
• Estimates and accesses damage of avionics/electrical components/systems as related to crash and mishap damaged aircraft to include repair and/or replacement, man-hours, parts, components, and materials.
• Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
• Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
• Responsible for adhering to Company Tool Control Program.
• Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
• Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment. Ability to perform Optimized Naval Aviation Logistic Management Information System (OOMA) functions for aviation maintenance performed.
• When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
• Responsible for complying with corporate and installation physical security requirements.
• Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
• Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
2. Performs aircraft functional checks.
3. Performs related record maintenance including: completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
4. Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers’ drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
5. May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
1. High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
2. Must have 3 years’ experience on CH/ME-53E aircraft.
3. Aviation Electricians Mate Strand Class
4. CH-53E Communications/Electrical System Organizational Maintenance
5. Must be able to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements for the position.
6. Extensive Deport level repair experience desired which includes the repair of components, airframes, or end items, requiring personnel of higher technical skill beyond the organizational level capability
• Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance.
• Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground.
• Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
• Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust.
• Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing.
• Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
• Must be able to pass color vision exam.
• Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds.
• Must have own tools.
1. Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license when required by job assignment.
2. Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Jul 14, 2017, 8:55:47 PM
: Installation and Maintenance
17 days ago
only 1 day until close
12 days ago
only 2 days until close
8 days ago
only 6 days until close
8 days ago
only 7 days until close