about 1 month ago
Job Title: Avionics Vibration Technician (Hardware Test) - (3) - CA
Region: CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
Duration: 6 Months
Description: Chipton-Ross is seeking a Avionics Vibration Technician (Hardware Test) for an opening in Hawthorne, CA.
• Self-monitor work progress against fast-paced area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
• Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures.
• Using a wide range of test equipment including establishing and maintaining specialized test setups.
• Performing tests and recording test results.
• Working with design engineers to troubleshoot failures.
• Conducting tests at external specialist test houses.
• Programming and operating environmental test chambers
• Record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP).
• Perform verifications of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner.
• Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs.
• Assist with area efficiency and 5S improvement projects.
• Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
• Proficient in programing dynamic parameters in digital vibration control systems
• Ability to setup and conduct vibration testing on electrodynamics shaker systems including:
o Mechanical setup of vibration test fixtures
o Changing shaker axis configurations
o Instrumentation installation
o Troubleshooting techniques
• Able to conduct axis modifications
• Ability to use mechanical hand tools and torque wrenches to setup test fixtures
• Minimum of 2 years practical lab experience performing vibration testing on electrodynamics vibrations systems and using digital vibration control systems
• Must be familiar with MS Office suite
• Must be willing to work 1st shift, 5:00am – 3:30pm
• Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
• Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted
• Associates or BSEET degree preferred
• Familiarity in setting up and/or supporting other aspects of the environmental test lab such as shock testing, thermal and vacuum testing
• Some experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
• Software skills- LabVIEW or Python desired
• High school diploma or GED required
5/50, 2nd Shift: 3:30PM-2:00 AM
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.