8 months ago
The Mechanic is responsible to the Lead Mechanic and performs work under FAR,s and a Part 145 Repair Station supporting customer flight operations, maintenance, repairs, and modifications., Aviation Operations Center (AOC) at Alliance Airport, Fort Worth, Texas.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties. Additional essential functions may be identified by the organization and listed as such in the incumbent's performance appraisal elements. Various tasks may be assigned under each essential function. Those that are listed under the examples of work are not all inclusive; they are examples only and may be amended or added to as needed by the organization.
· Has a thorough level of experience to perform work that is moderately difficult and the technical expertise to solve complex problems
· Occasionally leads a team through complex projects and prioritizes and maintains schedule
· Can work independently or under a supervisor
· May be required to make aircraft logbook entries and release aircraft for return to service
· Maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty
· Maintains and repairs aircraft components
· Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions
· Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
· Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems
· Travel can be up to 50 % to various locations CONUS and OCUNUS
· Performs other duties as assigned
Incumbent performs other job-related tasks as assigned and required; any duties/tasks included in the employee's performance evaluation elements are essential to that employee's position within the job classification.
The following minimum qualifications have been identified by subject matter experts (SME'S) who have supervised this position or functioned in the position; they are based on job analysis information supplied by these SME'S. However, if a candidate believes he/she is qualified for the job although he/she does not have the minimum qualifications set forth below, he/she may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Any request to substitute related education or experience for minimum qualifications must be addressed to the Maintenance Manager in writing, identifying the related education and experience which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform all essential functions of the position. If a candidate believes he/she needs a reasonable accommodation to meet these minimum qualifications or, if called for an interview, to attend such an interview, the candidate must notify the Maintenance Manager in writing of the need for the accommodation and identify the specific accommodation requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Hold a valid Airframe & Powerplant certificate issued by the FAA.
· Minimum of 3 years hands-on mechanical experience, preferably on helicopters and/or fixed wing aircraft as an A&P mechanic.
· Experience shall be hands-on mechanical on in a similar position within the last twelve (12) months.
· Shall possess a working knowledge of the applicable Federal Aviation Administration’s Regulations (FAR) and its application to airframe, power plant and propeller troubleshooting procedures and techniques.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
The following skills and abilities are required:
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· A&P license issued by the FAA required
· Must own sufficient hand tools to perform A&P duties required
· Obtain a DoD and/or DOJ Security Clearance as required
· Must be able to maintain a US Passport and the appropriate vaccinations required for international travel
· Must be able to obtain and maintain in force a valid driver’s license
· Thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting and repair procedures
· Basic knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair
· Basic knowledge of electrical theory
· Thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools
· Working knowledge of technical publications
· Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician
· Be familiar with entries in aircraft logs and records
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to performed aircraft maintenance in areas which may require employee to stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to reach with hands and arms as well as push and pull items. The employee must able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal day to day working conditions are inside an aircraft hangar with good ventilation and air flow. Work may be required in outside weather conditions where employee will be exposed to all types of environmental conditions and extremes such as hot, cold, rain, wind, etc.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment including eye protection, ear protection, hand protection, respirators, masks, aprons, leather safety shoes, steel toe shoes, fall protection harness, and other equipment anytime the potential for hazards exist. The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places, confined spaces, toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Individual Contributor
: Nov 27, 2017, 8:17:15 PM
: Installation and Maintenance