7 months ago
The B-52 Logistician will be responsible for the following roles and responsibilities:
• Collect information to analyze and evaluate aircraft, system, subsystem and parts reliability and maintainability and supportability requirements and issues regarding critical safety items.
• Prepare detailed charts/diagrams outlining maintenance supply requirements and processes using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Visio/Project.
• Support aircraft integrity programs and processes to determine and document the supportability analysis regarding supply and maintenance needs.
• Serve as a logistics liaison between customer team members and technical staff, user and depot maintenance representatives, and supply chain members to document needs, define requirements, and provide problem identification and resolution.
• Input and analyze data to assist in ensuring mechanical and avionics systems, subsystems and component integrity is maintained for the weapon systems operational service life.
• Utilize database systems and application documentation as directed.
• Recommend service life extension programs, scheduled maintenance, modifications, inspections, repairs, and/or technical order changes as necessary to keep the weapon system viable.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed.
• Provide support and research to resolve projected parts issues.
• Investigate parts supportability regarding future diminishing parts issues.
• Perform other similar duties as assigned in support of the B-52 Weapon System.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's Degree and ten (10) years of experience, or fourteen (14) years of experience in lieu of a degree are required. This position will allow various combinations of education and experience using a 1 year of education for 1 year of experience substitution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the B-52 Weapon System and sub-systems is a must. Experience as a logistician, maintainer, supply manager, or equipment specialist is a requirement. Applicant must possess experience in the following: MS Office, word processing, data management and records keeping. The successful applicant must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and possess good communication skills, both written and oral. Applicant will be expected to occasionally brief results to other team members and to KBRWyle and our customers.
The ideal applicant will have the ability to do the following:
Look at and Analyze Data. The ability to use data effectively to improve your programs, including looking at lists and summaries, looking for patterns, analyzing results, and making presentations to others. Includes familiarity with the data available to you; knowledge of the goals of your program; understanding the needs of your clients/audiences; and willingness to explore creative approaches to using data. Ability to analyze data and establish requirements for technical objectives and characteristics.
Logistics Management. Knowledgeable of logistics concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment to effectively apply logistics theories, principles, and concepts. Knowledgeable of logistics issues and best practices sufficient to plan, design, test, troubleshoot, evaluate, and oversee the development and/or sustainment of aerospace systems or devices. Knowledgeable of logistics practices and procedures as they pertain to sustainment, modification, logistics, supply chain, manpower, funding, production and maintenance management principles, concepts, policies, and systems. Ability to devise and evaluate criteria, parameters, characteristics, and interrelationships for design approaches, and to assess the impact of new technology on current systems and processes. Expert knowledge in the principles of planning and project development to execute significant projects.
Navigate Database Software. Knowledge on how to use database software to find records, sort, review, edit, print, and other functions. Ability to use built-in forms and reports in a database. Able to exploring software and learning various functions and features. Ability to write queries and reports using available tools; Able to copy data into Excel or other formats for further analysis. Ability to use computer applications in support of planning, designing, analysis, and reporting.
Data Integrity. Ability to understand definitions, program guidelines, and sources of data. Able to develop clear channels of communication. Able to review data and work with colleagues to make sure that data is accurate. Ability to be aware of potential weaknesses in the data when analyzing and using the data.
Manage Accounts and Files. Ability to keep track of online accounts. Knowledgeable on how to organize files and folders on your computer or network. Knowledgeable on how to copy, move, upload or download files and photos; understands how to use email to send attachments.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.