7 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking a Base Administrator to join our team at our Los Angeles, California location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Base Administrator is responsible for assisting the System Chief/Assistant Chief Pilots, Inflight Supervisors, Director and Manager of InFlight, on a confidential basis in addition to being responsible for administrative functions in the domicile offices. This position reports directly to the Inflight Supervisor.
* Candidate must be a high school graduate with specific training and experience in administrative duties.
* Airline administration experience and at least two years post high school education in college or appropriate technical schools.
* Specific training in computer skills listed below is preferred.
Light Lifting may be required (<50lbs).
There are prolonged periods during which this position requires working at a desk or workstation.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Must read, write and speak English fluently, using proper grammar and syntax.
* Must be able to edit the writing of others, converting rough drafts into finished documents.
* Must be of high moral character, demonstrating unquestionable integrity.
* Must be able to work diplomatically with others in a high stress environment.
* Must be able to organize and maintain a schedule of required actions and execute them in a timely fashion.
* Must be able to serve Drug and Alcohol Testing forms – requires training.
* Retrieve, screen, sort, file, distribute and forward all mail and express packages.
* Perform all crewmember filing, including but not limited to placing all of the following into V-files: bid packages bid awards, manual revisions, pink time cards, all correspondence, see-me notices, and notifications to crewmembers.
* Maintain and post record of all Jeppesen and Flight manual revisions.
* Update and log all FAM revisions to paper FAM on board aircraft.
* Distribute FA Announcement books to FA V-files and maintain inventory.
* Maintain file of all back-up revisions for distribution to crewmembers.
* Collect all Captains’ reports from the inbox for immediate processing by the Chief Pilot.
* Collect all Flight Attendant IOE & Recurring Line Check paperwork from the inbox for immediate processing by the Inflight Management.
* Manage phone calls, correspondence or other matters requiring urgent replies in the FLTOPS/InFlight Management’s absence in the most appropriate manner, e.g. by attempting to reach them, by passing along (and following up) to an appropriate manager/department.
* Retrieve information from Crew Trac, company files, or other departments that FLTOPS/InFlight requests.
* Assist FLTOPS/InFlight Management in investigating flight delays/cancellations to determine cause and/or proper Coding.
* Maintain the Confidential “Chief Pilot - Pilot Files” - ensure that there is a current Medical, Airman Certificate, Radio Station License, and copy of birth certificate or passport on file for each pilot.
* Attend the hub meetings with the Regional Manager, Chief Pilot, and Manager of Inflight. Take minutes, prepare follow-up lists, and distribute to other departments/organizations.
* Oversee V-Files creation and maintenance ensuring there is one for each crewmember, and that their status (Training / TDY / Instructor) is properly reflected.
* Collect all correspondence from Inflight, Regional Manager, Chief Pilot, & Crewmembers and forward to Company on a daily basis.
* Maintain company bulletin board, posting equipment bids, bid awards, Daily Briefing, Revision Bulletins and others items.
* Maintain inventory of all office supplies and forms (Emergency and Irregularity Reports [Captains Reports], Weight and Balance, etc.) and replenish as required.
* Handle inquiries regarding bids, payroll, training, etc. Provide assistance directly when possible or assist the crewmember in directing the inquiry to the proper department, or to the respective FLTOPS/InFlight Management staff.
* Process terminated crewmembers including collection of parking passes, ID Cards and company information and property.
* Distribute, receive account for the distribution of monthly Employee ID’s.
* Issue Parking passes and ensure that all pilots and flight attendants with parking privileges are eligible for them.
* Run daily reports for sick time, late shows, and failure to check in.
* Compile and summarize on a monthly basis, the Flight Attendant “Job Well Done Certificates”.
* Organize employee/holiday recognition of crewmembers.
* Ensure a neat and orderly work environment in the crew room and offices. Contact maintenance and housekeeping as required and oversee their required actions to successful completion.
* Accomplish any other administrative task as specified by the FLTOPS, InFlight, and Customer Service Management.
Some travel may be required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.