4 months ago
REACH won the prestigious "Program of the Year Award" presented by the Association of Air Medical Services for 2015. Our outstanding reputation is due in great part to our notable safety practices and effective customer service program. This award is hailed as one of the air medical transport industry's highest honors and is presented annually to the company whose program clearly exceeds industry standards for safety, patient care, leadership and community service.
Founded in 1987, our mission statement is "In every situation, do what is right for the patient." The company has consistently demonstrated a commitment to patient care and has transported more than 100,000 critically ill and inured patients to date. We have over 30 bases in California, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Colorado and Texas, and are expanding into Wyoming.
The Base Aviation Maintenance Technician (Base AMT) is responsible for the daily airworthiness and safety of the in-service aircraft; providing additional support to all REACH departments, to ensure safe and efficient high quality patient transport.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts daily routine inspections to include aircraft airworthiness checks, aircraft ground support equipment/fuel storage, aircraft parts inventory, and shipping, receiving, repair disposition.
• Conducts unscheduled maintenance in a timely manner for in-service aircraft as necessary, with safety a primary consideration.
• Application of continuous improvement within the maintenance process.
• Acts as support for out base mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
• Supports all REACH bases/departments with professionalism.
• Provides input in establishing base maintenance processes and ensures adherence to REACH maintenance processes.
• Interacts on a regular basis with all Shop AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, FSDO, REACH Inventory Control Clerks and Specialists.
• Special projects as required.
* Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.
* 3-5 years A&P mechanic experience performing helicopter or fixed-wing maintenance as required.
* Experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 mechanic ratings preferred.
* Proficient in maintenance associated with at least one (1) aircraft in the REACH fleet.
* Requires at least two (2) years of experience working on aircraft type in the REACH fleet.
* Must pass REACH Base AMT written and observation tests.
* Basic electrical and electronics knowledge.
* Basic aircraft systems knowledge.
* Basic logistics decision-making skills.
* Basic aircraft maintenance planning skills.
* Works without direct supervision; reports to Senior Base Mechanics. All performed maintenance must be inspected by Senior Base or Lead Shop Mechanic.
* Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
* Valid Drivers License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
* Basic computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Windows.
* Safety Oriented: Must maintain and demonstrate safety as a priority. Complies with PPE.
* Accountable: Shows commitment, dedication and dependability in all aspects of the job.
* Adaptable: Effectively copes with an evolving work environment and quickly changes and adjusts own approach and behavior accordingly; adapts to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of situations.
* Customer Oriented: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers in a timely, efficient manner.
* Critical Thinking: Able to break down a complex task into manageable parts in a systematic way.
* Composure: Maintains a calm and professional demeanor in all situations; does not become defensive or irritated when under stress; is considered mature.
* Self Improvement: dedicated to improvement of skills.
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Company Operations Manual, Operation Specifications, Aircraft Inspection Programs, Repair Station Procedures, and Company Protocols.
* Required to carry a cell phone to provide uncontrollable standby on an as-needed basis with a one (1) hour response time.
* This position possesses no supervisory responsibilities.
Value Based Competencies:
* Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation
Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
* Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results
Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the
• Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program
• Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
• Capable of lifting 50lbs.
Work Environment: Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
• Personal tools specific to aircraft maintenance.
• Dependable personal car.
• Cell phone (personal or company).
• Base Mechanic at this particular location works a 14 on / 7 off schedule.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Manager Line Maintenance.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).