|Title||Base Chief Pilot|
|Description||Purpose: Provide superior leadership and support to Spirit Airline Pilots. Ensures satisfactory performance of assigned staff members including: Base First Officers and Captains. Works on special projects from time to time and as directed by the System Chief Pilot. Monitors Spirit Line Operations for safety and compliance.
Outcomes and Responsibilities
1) Assists in formulating the planning of future flights, routes, contracts, operations and new equipment, crew bases and new stations.
2) Is responsible to assist in the selection of flight personnel for advancement and upgrading IAW Company policy and FAA requirements.
3) Maintains responsibility with the System Chief Pilot to assist in developing and maintaining SOPs to ensure the safe operations of the Airline.
4) Remains qualified on at least one type of Company aircraft, and flies when directed by the Company.
5) Completes all other duties assigned by the System Chief Pilot. When delegated by the VP Flight Operations, exercises operational control of the Airline.
6) Assist Chief Pilot in labor strategy and management of ALPA labor agreements for flight ops to achieve CBA compliance, productivity and workforce commitment.
7) Assist Flight Ops team to continuously improve processes, lower costs, reduce defects and improve workforce commitment.
Is able to effectively provide leadership and manage a large staff. Has a deep understanding of the intricacies and interplay of flight schedules, crew scheduling, labor contracts and crew behavior in the airline industry. Knows CBA language and can interpret all provisions accurately. Have a full understanding of the following materials with respect to the certificate holder's operation -
• Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
• 14 CFR Chapter I (Federal Aviation Regulations)
• The certificate holder's operations specifications
• The manual required by § 121.133 of this chapter
• Discharge their duties to meet applicable legal requirements and to maintain safe operations.
Must be a team player, possess superior communication and conflict resolution skills with management, crews, labor representatives and team members. Be capable of analyzing and getting to the root causes of operational issues and finding solutions. Naturally curious and loves to drive change that improves results. Excellent leadership and management skills-creates accountability, capability, commitment, execution and results in sustainable ways.
Identify the physical, mental and environmental requirements of the job.
1) Fly and serve as a crewmember for extended duty all hours of the day
2) On call 24/7 and Utilize a Blackberry for extended periods of time
3) Move throughout the office for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day)
4) Manage multiple tasks at the same time
• College degree – required or equivalent knowledge
• An airline transport pilot certificate with appropriate ratings for at least one of the airplanes used in the certificate holder's operation
• Previous management experience desirable
• Previous experience as a line check/sim check airman desirable
• Excellent communication skills
Required: (i.e., current and valid driver’s license, good driving record, etc.)