6 months ago
Purpose: Provide superior leadership and support to Spirit Airline Pilots. Ensures satisfactory performance of assigned staff members including: Base First Officers and Captains. Works on special projects from time to time and as directed
by the System Chief Pilot. Monitors Spirit Line Operations for safety and compliance.
* Assists in formulating the planning of future flights, routes, contracts, operations and new equipment, crew bases and new stations.
* Is responsible to assist in the selection of flight personnel for advancement and upgrading IAW Company policy and FAA requirements.
* Maintains responsibility with the System Chief Pilot to assist in developing and maintaining SOPs to ensure the safe operations of the Airline.
* Remains qualified on at least one type of Company aircraft, and flies when directed by the Company.
* Completes all other duties assigned by the System Chief Pilot. When delegated by the VP Flight Operations, exercises operational control of the Airline.
* Assist System Chief Pilot in labor strategy and management of ALPA labor agreements for flight ops to achieve CBA compliance, productivity and workforce commitment.
* Assist Flight Ops team to continuously improve processes, lower costs, reduce defects and improve workforce commitment.
* Fly and serve as a crewmember for extended duty all hours of the day.
* On call 24/7 and utilize an iphone for extended periods of time.
* College degree – required or equivalent knowledge.
* An airline transport pilot certificate with appropriate ratings for at least one of the airplanes used in the certificate holder's operation.
* Previous management experience desirable.
* Previous experience as a line check/sim check airman desirable.
* Excellent communication skills.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment
will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance,
401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit,
competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.